Seat Media System 2.1

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
no i dont think it can be copied, nothing is that easy, but we need to see what it does first before we jump our guns, im not paying £130 just for some updated maps, which will be out of date anyway by the time i get them. It must do something else? I hope anyway.

Richard Askew

Will talk to my dealer who is a friend of mine re copying the SD card. They thought they could do this. Wait and see I will get back to you.
Richard

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Surely SEAT would update the systems as part of a service? Over the 10 year life of the car, the system would be hopeless with all the road and speed limit changes - even in the 1.5 years i have had mine, i see a lot of anomalies with reduced limits everywhere.

kevgreen36

Maverick888 did you manage to upload the sd card for the navigation. Does it do anything else other than update the maps, i.e. 7 digit search postcode and talk feature. Thanks

Maverick88

Oct 19, 2006
Devon
Graham, don't worry I'm here...... lol

OK here we go, the update say's it will take up to 120 mins to load, so I started this on Friday afternoon/Saturday morning it took 6 hours, there is no 7 digit post code facility, but worst still the post code is duplicated one in English & one in an Eastern European language !!!! now I'm p**sed off.

So on Sunday morning I try again..... this time 4 hours & 30 mins to load..... post code error still the same.

Monday in the dealers, they email Seat who want my Cupra booked in, so today it's been there all day connected to their diagnostic equipment, where it's told them there's nothing wrong with my Media system........ Seat got the dealer to try various things but to no avail..... so now waiting for Seat to get back to the dealer with another reply........

Sorry folks watch this space............ but at the mo I wouldn't touch the update.

Graham/Kev, when your back on I've a question to ask you about the DAB adio as well.......

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
maverick thats gutting mate but yeah keep us informed. whats up with your dab tbh i dont use it that much as its either my ipod or radio 1 on fm

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
right mav, ive just been out and sat there for the full length of my cig (quitting soon) and all it said on Rock and others was Waiting for Radio text or summat, nothing came up. I did show my mate the DAB the other day and it did bring up some text last night but it was on NME and said please go to www.nme.blahblah etc, didnt say the song, admittedly it always does on FM so maybe it is the signal or that it just takes ages with digital, i will try it on the way home and let you know (im going 200miles so it should have no excuses)

Maverick88

Oct 19, 2006
Devon
Graham,

Thanks Mate.

Kev,

Here's the question I asked Graham if you can help please ?

I use the DAB radio to listen to Planet Rock & when you press the information button (i) you should get the track that is being played by the the station, this use to work but has now stopped...... but it still works for al the other stations like Radio 1, Radio 2 etc..... Seat say its a week signal but I travel all over the UK & it's the same everywhere, I need someone else to try theirs.

Could you tune in Planet Rock on your 2.1 system & press the info button to see if you get the station information please ?

Cheers.......

Al

Aug 29, 2005
That is a bummer about the update. Hope you get it all sorted out.

ChrisSK

Jan 25, 2012
Bristol
Graham,

Thanks Mate.

Kev,

Here's the question I asked Graham if you can help please ?

I use the DAB radio to listen to Planet Rock & when you press the information button (i) you should get the track that is being played by the the station, this use to work but has now stopped...... but it still works for al the other stations like Radio 1, Radio 2 etc..... Seat say its a week signal but I travel all over the UK & it's the same everywhere, I need someone else to try theirs.

Could you tune in Planet Rock on your 2.1 system & press the info button to see if you get the station information please ?

Cheers.......

I have the 2.2 system and just tried Planet Rock and after 5 minutes of “waiting for radio text” being displayed it changes to “No radio text available”.

Every thing works on other DAB stations so may be there is a broadcaster issue here.

Chris

Websta

Apr 12, 2011
I think it depends the radio station. Some of them display the song...Radio1, 1xtra, 2. But then other stations like Heart it only displays info about who is on. Other stations like Kiss it always says "no text available"

Maverick88

Oct 19, 2006
Devon
Chris & Websta,

Thanks for the information, thats the answer I need just to see if other peoples systems were working, so it seems it is a broadcast issue.

Chris,

As you can tell we're trying to update our 2.1 systems, as you have the 2.2 can you tell which map version it displays ?

This is in Navigation Setup
Navigation Data Basis
Show Navigation Bata Basis Info

Would be interested to know what it say's please ?

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise