Seat Media System 2.1

Maverick88

Oct 19, 2006
Devon
Hi, does anyone know if there's going to be a map (7 digit postcode) update for this version....... I just seem to be going round in circles when I talk to Seat Customer Sevices :(

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Yeah there is, ive got the media system 2.0 with the most recent maps and it has the full postcode search. The dealership gave me the CD's when I bought the car. Copied the full europe CD onto an SD using the media system to save me having to leave the map disc in all the time

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Yeah mine is the factory fitted Seat Media system 2.0. Mine has the SD slot on the left hand side. Surely yours must have some sort of internal memory. Is yours the RNS510 or RNS310/315?

Afaik my 2010 Cupra R has the RNS310/315 with the smaller display and SD slot.

Apr 6, 2010
It's the rns 510 I haven't yet installed it though, Might sell as I have found my old pioneer avh-3200bt which I took out my old car.

Hugo Nebula

Dec 7, 2007
Manchester
Yeah there is, ive got the media system 2.0 with the most recent maps and it has the full postcode search. The dealership gave me the CD's when I bought the car. Copied the full europe CD onto an SD using the media system to save me having to leave the map disc in all the time
I wonder what would happen if that CD were to be uploaded to a torrent site...:think:

kevgreen36

Hi,I have the 2.1 version I think on my Seat Leon FR CR+, it does not have a full postcode search, how can I get the latest software, thanks

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
Hi,I have the 2.1 version I think on my Seat Leon FR CR+, it does not have a full postcode search, how can I get the latest software, thanks

do a search other members with a new FR+ have had the 2.1 replaced with a 2.2 free of charge seems Seat used up the last of the 2.1 systems on early FR+ but they were all advertised as having 2.2 systems so mis-sold cars

version will come up on start up screen but if you don't have full postcode search you do not have a 2.2 system :(

kevgreen36

Thanks Tony, purchased mine as a second buyer,so not sur if i can go down that route. Can I upgrade to the 2.2 version.

Maverick88

Oct 19, 2006
Devon
Graham, Just heard from my dealer that the v2 Maps on SD card are on their parts list now..... it's for the 2.1 & 2.2 Media System, the only problem is it's out of stock !!!

kevgreen36

2.0 upgrade

Thanks Steve, searched on this forum, still cant find out where to get an upgrade.

Websta

Apr 12, 2011
Graham, Just heard from my dealer that the v2 Maps on SD card are on their parts list now..... it's for the 2.1 & 2.2 Media System, the only problem is it's out of stock !!!

This sounds promising....did he give you a part number??

Seat customer service told me that it would not happen...ever?!!!!

Really want the update!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.