Seat Leon mk2 wing mirror

andymac123

May 26, 2009
Stockton on tees, North East
Ive just noticed that when traveling the drivers door wing mirror was wobbling and vibrating slightly ! After having a look it looks like the wing mirror is loos and working its self
Away from the door if that makes sense

I will try and upload a photo tommorow

How easy are these to tighten up ? What do you need to take off ? I've tried pushing it back in but it seems stuck !

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Ive just noticed that when traveling the drivers door wing mirror was wobbling and vibrating slightly ! After having a look it looks like the wing mirror is loos and working its self

How easy are these to tighten up ? What do you need to take off ? I've tried pushing it back in but it seems stuck !

It happened on my mother's 2006 Toyota Corolla and I failed to do it myself. I took it to a professional and he did it, but it unfortunately happened again about three weeks in. I wouldn't advise doing it yourself, I'd go to a trusted professional.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
It happened on my mother's 2006 Toyota Corolla and I failed to do it myself. I took it to a professional and he did it, but it unfortunately happened again about three weeks in. I wouldn't advise doing it yourself, I'd go to a trusted professional.

That makes no f*cking sense.

You took it to a professional who fixed it......but it worked loose again 3 weeks later

But you still recommend this lad to take it to a professional? get a grip man!

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington

My drivers side mirror was loose on my old FR and I never got round to getting it fixed...don't suppose you've bought my old car lol?

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
mine was loose, it is a pain in the arse to fix but you can, you need a socket with a long extension a flexible head and i think a 13mm socket, take out the door speaker and shine a torch in, then looking through the drain hole in the bottom of the door you can tighten it, it took me about ten minutes and several swear words but its possible (plus my hands are massive and I'm a clumsy oaf!)

cooperdj

Oct 11, 2012
Leicester
Mine was doing the same thing but was caused by the electric folding mirrors. I just popped the back off, used a load of WD40, made the mirrors fold in, then back out and they stopped wobbling. Folding mirrors are extremely tempramental on mine so I just don't use them at all and now there's no wobble...

Alex

Dec 13, 2014
leon-cupra.blogspot.com
This post is really helps me today.
My car's driver mirror was loosen a bit. Searched through the many forums, but only here I found the solution that works with the minimum of effort.

Just followed the instructions from spenny2004 (see his post above) and tightened the mirrow nut (#6 in the picture) inside the door.

It's tricky a bit, but it can be done without disassembling the door cover.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.