2.0l 16v tuning

crossedmike

cut it off ???? savage lol so how you going about moting it lol and furry dice that giving you extra 10bhp ;) what induction kit you got fittet is it just cone or is it full intake pipe

vngtx

no idea what make the induction kit is but its makes a really nice sound with the decat :p like a vr6. was mot"d before they did it. the filter is just stuck on after the MAF sensor on the intake.

bigger the dice, bigger the power :)

crossedmike

thanks that rules that out i would assume lol hmmm its looking like i might have to get one made :( but looking at remap stats would give me 4 extra mph and 15hp so 10% from standard so for money not really worth it and with the 8v you looking at 9 hp extra

vngtx

the limit for 2.0 16v is 190hp

if you want more than that its gotta be 1.8t conversion unless u have thousands to spend on the engine you have now.

crossedmike

190bhp thats not good news i was hoping to be able to tune it to around 200bhp hmmm only other option is super charging but then thats when the thousands come into the picture :/

vngtx

theres turbo but it would be at least 1000 to get it running properly at more than 1 bar but would give 200+ hp

crossedmike

at that cost could pick up a 1.8t engine with 60k on clock and 12 month warasnty for 750 then spend money on intercooler and turbo etc so i mite just have to think lol in a predicament it aint worth butchering the car due to the millage mine has and the body work is almost perfect so would get more selling the car and buying a 1.8t then modding that

crossedmike

haha ye hmm ill have to settle with what i have at moment as for my age 2.0 16v is max at moment and unlike most people i aint been raped on the insurance lol and i missed your dice post lol ye bigger the better and ohh bet it sounds nice lol mine roars lol got twin pipe at back im thinking getting a metal air intake pipe and bcm kit the n drill a intake pipe hole on front but all in due time lol

you go to any of the cruised in donny or wakey or ponty for that

vngtx

went chesterfield meet on sunday, quite a few people on here went. nearly 50 Seats there. not had much time for cruising with my car needing so much work done :(

crossedmike

really im look for a few of the seat meets because ones ive been to im the only one there lol in my little beeza lol

ohhh what you need doing i had few problems mine was a pain to fix it was idling and hunting the n wouldnt stard then the gear link cable snapped which is rare apparently and then i took the sump plug off with a speed bump :(

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
You can fit cams to the 16v engine and get a decent-ish improvement.

Look at Dinky Daves readers ride about his track 16v. He got around 200bhp with cams, abit of headwork, exhaust etc.

But now has more than that as he now has a set of throttle bodies bolted onto it. :drool:

vngtx

You can fit cams to the 16v engine and get a decent-ish improvement.

Look at Dinky Daves readers ride about his track 16v. He got around 200bhp with cams, abit of headwork, exhaust etc.

But now has more than that as he now has a set of throttle bodies bolted onto it. :drool:

how much did it cost?

crossedmike

hahah ill certainly have a look ilike the sound of the 200 : )

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland

I've got all Dave's old engine bits (manifold, cams, exhaust, etc) plus having a polish and port on the head. That's all in the process of being fitted to my new Cordoba. By the end of the month I'll have a RR figure for you, but I've been advised somewhere in the region of 180 bhp is what I'll end up with. To get 200bhp from a 16v you need to go for TB which is what Dave's upgraded to...

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I've got all Dave's old engine bits (manifold, cams, exhaust, etc) plus having a polish and port on the head. That's all in the process of being fitted to my new Cordoba. By the end of the month I'll have a RR figure for you, but I've been advised somewhere in the region of 180 bhp is what I'll end up with. To get 200bhp from a 16v you need to go for TB which is what Dave's upgraded to...

I knew it was something like that. I couldnt remember off the top of my head when I was typing my earlier reply.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Yea Jason, I would expect about the 180bhp mark... got a rr printout from westec for 185bhp whereas at Stealth it pulled 190bhp but think he played with the result.

Still the car was no snail and overtook a few much bigger powered cars, even chased down a supercharged golf vr6 at the ring who had lap after laps under his belt.

Now it's pulling 207bhp... did cost a bit but what doesn't??? Havving it put on a dastek roller soon which is a type I used in the past after each mod's so we'll what it pulls on there.

vngtx

190 is the most ive seen, didnt know of anybody that had reached higher. 190 was one that id seen that had alot of work done (ported, ecu, intake, exhaust etc)

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
well mine was a so call 190bhp with the same mod''s u just said and then the next stage for 200+ is throttle bodies, 220+ throttles and bottom end work.

Turbo'd ABF I know of a Mk1 golf running 4wd using the rallye drivetrainpushing 410bhp! So plenty of power you can get from a 2.0 16v

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.