20in Wheels

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
Looking for feedback from any Ateca owners running 20in alloys.

Is the ride ok, etc? I have 19in wheels that i dont like and are going to be sold, i use 18in wheels for the winter tyres so looking at a nice set of OZ Racing Super Turismo Dakar wheels

Any feedback/advice would be awesome!

02_superturismo-dakar-matt-black-jpg-1000x750.jpg

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
If your road surfaces are smooth then their fine IMO. I ran an A4 with Sports suspension (lowered 20mm) on 18” and I’d say the ride, on Cupra “Comfort“ damper settings and tyre pressures (38psi front, 35psi rears - “Normal” pressures are +4psi) is comparable. Firm but bearable. Road noise is acceptable too.

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
If your road surfaces are smooth then their fine IMO. I ran an A4 with Sports suspension (lowered 20mm) on 18” and I’d say the ride, on Cupra “Comfort“ damper settings and tyre pressures (38psi front, 35psi rears - “Normal” pressures are +4psi) is comparable. Firm but bearable. Road noise is acceptable too.
You have 20in on your Ateca according to your bio. How do you find them?

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
The figures and settings in my post are what I use, and it gives a firm but, to me at least, acceptable ride. That's on the standard "Seal Inside" Pirelli P Zero's (not run-flats, but have a sealant layer under the tread pre-installed at manufacture). Sport and Cupra settings are, predictably, firmer and best suited to smooth tarmac!

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
Ok, thats good to hear. I had 19in on my Cupra Leon on 35s which was fine too.

I wonder if there is clearance to run 20in with 40 profile tyres? There seems to be a lot of space in the wheel arch. Does anyone have experience of this? I appreciate it would modify the wheel diameter so affect speed, etc.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.