abnormous Boost peak when TC hits in?

Almandino

Mar 1, 2013
hello guys,

i got my Cupra mapped onto Stage 1 on tuesday and it's an vulgar increase of power for my opinions - it's a custom written map from our local chipfactory.

320hp and 310ft/lbs

ATP 3" DP 200 cpi cat
Forge DV ( green spring, weakest )
EvoMS Intake
StockHPFP

Now my question,

I logged a few trys with Torque on my Phone and following results came out:

Rail Pressure peaks at 120Bar ( i think this is quiet okay )
Boost Peaks at 29psi, holds on 15-17psi

You can hear the N75 bleeding out pressure as soon as it peaks.

Is this peak normal? Or is it because the T/C is cutting in, closes the Throttle a little bit and the boost spikes high for a short time?

Or is the signal that torque gets only the requested boost and not the actual boost?

On Stock map it peaks on 14 psi and holds on 10-11psi and you can feel it when the boost drops onto hold, with the stage 1 map this feeling is nearly completely away...it pushes smooth high to redline without a massive sensable drop.

I'm in worry about my rods, but the mapping is feeling really perfect....awesome low end torque and no drop at higher rpms.

I hope there's someone who can read my problem out of my broken school english :D

thank you guys,
klaus

Last edited:

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
stage 2 mods on your car so mapping should be the same

Get rid of the forge and stick an OEM DV in will be loads better, Is that rail pressure requested or actual ?

Almandino

Mar 1, 2013
@richi

Yes, that was my first impression too^^ I don't know how accurate Torque is reading out the Data but it shows me definitely without athmospheric pressure 29psi.

@LeonCR

Torque does not describe it further, it could be both...

Anyway, i read on vortex that factory sensor only could sense up to 2500mbar overall that means 36psi minus athmospheric = 22psi max - is this true?

Last edited:

Almandino

Mar 1, 2013
according to Torque this peak lasts only for one second, after that it drops down....but you can't feel this enormous drop on the car...does that mean torque only shows requested boost?

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386725

Thanks Almandino for using the Search-Function _not_

Seems like Torque is reading a huge loud of **** out of the ECU^^

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise