Acc error

RgB_FR

Oct 8, 2019
2017 leon Fr 1.4 62k

Driving home yesterday in constant heavy rain from a 190 mile trip and nearly home I had warning lights appear on screen that my Acc had an error, I seem to have an extra stalk on my car than some other leons don't have that controls speed limits and cruise control but they do nothing now?

I haven't had any knocks and the sensor underneath the number pate seems secure and in place, could this be down to water and is it a Seat job only to repair? Also i am guessing it is not safe to drive the car now?

RgB_FR

Oct 8, 2019
I gave the front of the sensor a wipe over and done a small journey but still showing error but one thing did start to show again using the stalk and that was speed limit lit up which didn't before but couldn't set it

RgB_FR

Oct 8, 2019
I need to use car today for that same journey and rather worried about the error in the system.

RgB_FR

Oct 8, 2019
Just back from long journey and still same caution symbol, and ACC unavailable.

Ring around some places tomorrow for a quote

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
It'll be safe to drive, it's just that your ACC isn't working. The pain is that if the ACC isn't working it knocks out the cruse control completely.

To me it sounds like water has got in somewhere. I'd be looking for connectors that might not be sealed properly, taking a hair drier to stuff.

RgB_FR

Oct 8, 2019
I wouldn't know where to start to be honest, is there just one connection at the back of the sensor and best way to get to it?

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I wouldn't know where to start to be honest, is there just one connection at the back of the sensor and best way to get to it?
I don't know, I've never done it, but I don't think it's easy to get to. I imagine you're looking at jacking the front of the car and taking the plastic skirt in front of the under-tray off.

RgB_FR

Oct 8, 2019
I ended up taking to a Adas garage in the end and it was out of vertical Calibration with 2 faults C110300, I was allowed to watch them calibrate which was interesting. All working good now with no faults.

The guy was confused how it went out without a knock etc but I did say i went through awful biblical rain and what seemed like rivers for puddles on my journey, who knows??

Reactions: Mr Pig

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
The guy was confused how it went out without a knock etc but I did say i went through awful biblical rain and what seemed like rivers for puddles on my journey, who knows??
That would do it. People think of water as soft but it can only get out of the way so fast. Hit is fast enough and it's like hitting concrete. That's why container ships move at about 12mph and to go quickly on water basically means skipping over the surface.

A guy coming to visit me a few years ago hit a puddle fast and smashed his front bumper. Intake also ingested water which killed the engine, car was a write off. If you have a look on youtube you'll find loads of vids of people damaging cars and vans going through fords too quickly. Know another guy who did the same thing. Fitted a cold air intake low down on the bumper. Ideal for sooking up water. Most standard car intakes are high up, for this reason, and sometimes have valves which can dispense with a limited amount of water should it get in there. Aftermarket kits don't so ingest water and you're fecked.

How much did it cost for the calibration? Last quote I got was about £400 but that was a few years ago.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise