Adam's 2003 Ibiza. FACELIFTED, Coilovers, BBS Split Rims!

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
OK! Some more detailed pics of the interior seat covers.
Just to show you what they look like from the inside and where they're tied down...

2011-01-18_16-11-50_483.jpg

2011-01-18_16-14-40_522.jpg

2011-01-18_16-15-58_497.jpg

The back covers are clearly looser than the front ones - the right hand side has my brothers imprint in it as it's really the only one ever used, I hardly ever have 4 people in the car. The left side is also not aligned properly as you can tell - the blue bits are a bit offset from each other but that was because dad had already put the headrest in on that side, and you need to punch holes in the top of the cover to do that, so there was no going back. -.-

2011-01-18_16-13-17_870.jpg

2011-01-18_16-12-00_952.jpg

2011-01-18_16-17-52_276.jpg

^ This is underneath the drivers seat, the bar which we used to tie the string to. Same on passenger side.
2011-01-18_16-17-03_288.jpg

^ This is the boot (no s***), I've highlighted where the string comes from and where it all links up. Was a bit of a stretch to make the back covers fit tighter to the seat, they haven't snapped yet though...

Hope this is useful to anyone considering these types of cover (ahem, stez!)

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Cheers for doing that mate will be getting these covers, I need to make up my mind if to go with red interior or blue interior.

No probs at all.
They do look better than the standard grey seats as I've said before, even if they are slightly baggy and awkward to fit!

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Readers rides are just readers rides mate, for any SEATs. The Ibiza Mk4 section is just for help with them.

Yeah I know but there's a sticky thread under most sub sections - 'The best _______ past + present projects' or something.

Was wondering if admins still moved readers ride threads to those specific categories?

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Ah matey, cheers for those pics. Those look great :)

Hopefully will get to see em soon if you can make this meet or next one

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Right then.

Just ordered a light blue 'Seat' sunstrip with black text as well as a couple of SCN stickers to compliment the windows!

Should both be here by Wednesday, will get some pics up when they're on the car.

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Ok, took an extra day to arrive and got a couple of pics after we installed it last night then took some quick ones when I got in from school today.

Unfortunately the light blue didn't match the glacier blue colour of the car, but will probably fade to match it more over time.

Doesn't look diabolically bad, and it might aswell go on the car instead of wasting £20.

Here are the pics.

2011-01-27_17-23-51_140.jpg

2011-01-27_17-24-12_874.jpg

2011-01-28_16-02-30_355.jpg

2011-01-28_16-02-51_29.jpg

sunstrip1.jpg

Thoughts?

SCN stickers still haven't arrived. Will update when they do.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
I'm honestly not sure to be honest buddy although I am biased as I don't really like sunstrips. I'm sure it looks better in person though :)

Those chrome bits around the lights have to go though :p kind of spoils the look i think

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Haha thats fair enough. I got it because its something that doesn't have to be declared on insurance (at least to my knowledge?) but just makes the car more 'individual' or whatever.

Not allowed to be going and getting any nice bumpers like you did, will blow my insurance into the sky!
And as for the chrome, I agree. Always thought it looked a bit out of place - kind of makes the grill look a bit more feminine -.-

I would remove them, however for one I don't know how, and secondly I think my dad wants them to stay on for resale value.

I wonder how much it'll be worth after another 3 years though...
Probably will have 90k+ miles by then and will just be outdated.

Will only be worth £1800 I should imagine, don't see why the chrome surround on the grill would make it so much better...

Who knows, I'll probably go crazy with mods after 3 years anyway and just keep the car but beef it out.
Love my ibiza!

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Yeah Individualism FTW :) yeah you have to declare everything these days, I haven't declared nothing yet haha, I intend to soon though when my insurance needs renewing. I think it's stupid you have to declare bumper changes, especially if they're OEM bumpers. Shame really though, some nice facelift bumpers would look amazing on your car. I personally think you should get some pre-facelift FR grills then colour match the beams, that'll make your car look like it's got the facelift bumper even though it hasn't, like this:

IMAG0026.jpg

Shame you can't remove some of the chrome buddy, not sure how it devalues the car though, it's not like the cupra etc come with them :p i must admit they are a pain to remove though

Don't worry buddy i'm with you there on the mileage thing, i'm on 85k at the moment, mines probably not worth much now but in terms of personal value it's worth a lot more than it's actually worth to me :p I love my Ibiza too, I really want to upgrade but i'm holding off it at the mo due to losing my job

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.