Adam's 2003 Ibiza. FACELIFTED, Coilovers, BBS Split Rims!

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Wow that bumper actually looks really good, I'll have to look into that when I can afford to.

Know what you mean about personal worth aswell.

It does buddy, it's amazing what a difference changing the grills makes :) I honestly think it looks almost as good as the facelift design

Can't wait to see the car though buddy, love those seat covers and the colour of the car

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
Looking good. I like the seat covers although the rear string setup looks a bit complicated!

Is there lights on your steering wheel??? Looks boss, I think the sunstrip looks ok but would like already mentioned look better if it matched the paint.

Keep up the good work and the 'insurance dodging' mods ;)

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Thanks for the kind words mate, Yeah it sure is lol. I'm not letting myself near the engine or any mechanical parts or I'll destroy my own car. Not good with stuff like that lol.

Yeah, it's a blue LED steering wheel cover, a friend got me it for christmas. Looks quite nice and is a right rave when the wheel is spinning back from full lock lmao, just not allowed to use it on the roads so it's limited to car parks lmao. I know what you mean about the strip as well mate, hopefully it'll fade to be more like the colour of the car over time.

Some people like it, others hate it, guess that's just taste though lol.

Yeah lol, will keep updated with any progress!

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
QUICK UPDATE.

SCN stickers arrived today but only got the chance to fit them at about 8:30pm so there was no point in taking any photos.

I also bought a couple of Alpine stickers, which have been placed just above the ripspeed ones, although I messed up the spacing between them so will be buying another pair when I have enough money.

The SCN stickers are both on the rear window in the top corners, it actually looks really neat.
Colour is silver to match the colour of the other stickers.

WILL UPDATE WITH PICS TOMORROW!

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
Thanks for the kind words mate, Yeah it sure is lol. I'm not letting myself near the engine or any mechanical parts or I'll destroy my own car. Not good with stuff like that lol.

Yeah, it's a blue LED steering wheel cover, a friend got me it for christmas. Looks quite nice and is a right rave when the wheel is spinning back from full lock lmao, just not allowed to use it on the roads so it's limited to car parks lmao. I know what you mean about the strip as well mate, hopefully it'll fade to be more like the colour of the car over time.

Some people like it, others hate it, guess that's just taste though lol.

Yeah lol, will keep updated with any progress!

I know what your saying about the engine buts its the only way to learn. I have a fiddle every now and again, recommend the haynes manuel and just doing a few easy things.

Cool, I really like it haha, certainly different never seen one before ! How is it powered?

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Cant say I'm a fan of the sunstrip mate, a bit too much imo. Same as all the stickers... I like to keep things quite subtle - But as long as you like it thats all that matters!
Ah well, can't please everyone lol.
I deliberately wanted to lose the subtleness but without going too outrageous.

I know what your saying about the engine buts its the only way to learn. I have a fiddle every now and again, recommend the haynes manuel and just doing a few easy things.

Cool, I really like it haha, certainly different never seen one before ! How is it powered?

Ah right lol, fair enough!
Thanks mate lol, it's not most people's cup of tea although I do love it as well.
It's got a battery pack which takes 3 AA batteries. I got some double sided sticky velcro stuff which I used to stick the box to the underside of the steering wheel so it's out of the way and there's an on/off switch on the box, then just used some black sellotape to stick the small bit of wire to the wheel as well in order to prevent it from getting caught in my hands when turning the wheel.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
WILL UPDATE WITH PICS TOMORROW!

Where the pics Ad? :p heh

Btw mate the car looks great in person, really like the colour and the seats especially. I think with different grills and possibly different alloys it would look perfect :)

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Haha Stez, sorry!
Car is dirty at the minute and haven't been bothered to clean it for the last couple of days due to the new black ops map pack haha.

Will clean it tomorrow or saturday morning when it's sunny, then will take some pictures.
I pissed myself off with the Alpine sticker applications though, one is higher than the other is. I wanted to put them above the ripspeed stickers that are already there - one was a good fit about 1cm above, the other is like 2.5cm above so looks a bit out of place.

When I get some money I'll be buying another pair and re-doing it lol.
Didn't help that I applied them at 8:30pm in the freezing cold wind, probably why I messed it up.

Thanks for the comments on the car too, I agree with what you're saying but those mods will occur at a later date!
Although, one thing that I might look in to is getting the hexagonal grill pattern installed instead of the standard lined pattern? Might make it look a little better.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Heh don't worry Ad, I was only messing buddy :) more pics wouldn't go down a miss though

It's always the way with stickers isn't it matey. As long as the SCN one comes out alright thats the main thing, I should really get myself another SCN sticker. I've got a black one, you can only see it when my centre brake light comes on haha. Don't worry about it though buddy, most of my work on the car i usually do in the cold :p not the best of ideas lol

No worries buddy :) can't wait to see what's next in terms of mods. Grills are a great idea, those ones in the picture I showed you are the pre-facelift FR ones, they look so much nicer than the original ones plus with a bit of colour coding you can make it look facelift-ish without the bumper

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
A sticker came off on Saturday when I washed the car so that pissed me off!
Only got one on now, on the upper right-hand side of the rear window.

Need to order another couple some point.

Will update w/ pics soon anyway.

Nov 15, 2010
Harrogate, England
Nice looking Ibiza you got there, my partner is looking to upgrade his MK2 to a similar car to what youve got. And yea, Id say your dad was right about the 1.4 75bhp in the Leon being underpowered, it really is.

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Nice looking Ibiza you got there, my partner is looking to upgrade his MK2 to a similar car to what youve got. And yea, Id say your dad was right about the 1.4 75bhp in the Leon being underpowered, it really is.

Ah right cool, I think Mk2's and 3's are pretty nice though. I wanted one actually but dad preferred the safety features in the Mk4 :(
Still, not complaining!

Never driven a 1.4 Leon but could imagine that it'd be slower due to the added weight, however I think Leons have a better prescence on the road.

Does it feel really slow or is it ok?

Nov 15, 2010
Harrogate, England
Ah right cool, I think Mk2's and 3's are pretty nice though. I wanted one actually but dad preferred the safety features in the Mk4 :(
Still, not complaining!

Never driven a 1.4 Leon but could imagine that it'd be slower due to the added weight, however I think Leons have a better prescence on the road.

Does it feel really slow or is it ok?

Its ok for the driving I do, country driving mostly...funny story though, me and my partner were driving seprately home one night and he managed to OVERTAKE me with his Mk2 Ibiza while I was foot to the floor through 2nd and 3rd gear, he set off to overtake me in 3rd gear while i was giving it the boot in 2nd...so theres the difference for ya. Mind you his Mk2 Ibiza is the 1.4L 8Valve engine, mine is the 1.4L 16Valve engine

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2010
Harrogate, England
Wow lol. Is the Mk2 a 1.4 as well?
Interesting if it is, must be a weight thing!

Yes, his the 1.4L 8 valve engine, mine is the 1.4L 16Valve engine. I make more power than him in the higher rev range, while he makes more power down in the low rev range and weighs appx 700 pounds lighter than me...

Nov 15, 2010
Harrogate, England
Ahh right, that'd make for an interesting race lol.
Ever had a drag race by any chance? :p

There would be no race between us, he would win.

Back in america I took my car to the 1/4 mile track and raced it, I had a 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona RT Hemi V8 with 350BHP...yea, that was fun.

100_4053.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.