Adam's Bocanegra UPDATE 23/07/13 Damaged Bumper Resolution and 2nd Service

Thought I should start an RR thread for my new car, as I never got round to making one for my last Ibiza.

After having my MK4 Ibiza FR 1.8t 20v for a grand total of 9 months, I decided it was time for a change. I'm only 20 and didn't fancy paying the £1100 to insure it again in march. My renewal in March with 3 years no claims has been quoted at £520! Was also sick of the fuel costs. Also, my mate has a Cooper S which made me extremely jealous! Got the leather recaros and sounds utterly beautiful!

So last week I traded in my FR for a 61 plate Bocanegra. It was between a boc or a Clio 200 but after driving both, I felt that the boc was for me! Was also offered a great trade in deal so thought why not? The bocanegra is 200 a year less to insure and also 100 a year less to tax. I really liked how the clio drove (felt really planted on the road) but I have heard and read about absolute horror stories with the gearboxes on them. In fact one I went to look at (a 10 plate having only covered 12,000 miles) was being removed from sale due to damaged synchros! so in the end that put me right off and I settled on the Bocanegra.

The boc came from Northern Ireland and is a 1 owner car having covered 16,300 miles. Has two stamps in the boot. Feels brand new, I'm quite particular and made sure there were no cosmetic damage to it (only thing I have found is a small mark on the gearstick surround) I have since noticed that the paint work is covered in swirls, but I'll get this sorted in the spring with the aid of my trusty DA.

The difference between my FR and boc is like night and day. Although my FR was REVO stage 1 (around 204bhp) the boc feels so much quicker! also love the noise it makes, induction roar is amazing! Also noticed a huge difference in fuel economy. Used to get around 220 miles out my FR, easily getting double that (lots of motorway driving) in the Bocanegra, feels like it runs on fresh air.

Anyway, seem to be drivelling on a bit...Picked the car up last friday and have loved every bit of it so far.

After getting it home I just gave it a quick wash and waxed it with three layers of colinite to protect it over the winter. Also decided to wrap the rear Seat badge on the boot with some carbon fibre wrap I had leftover from my MK4. I have since removed it as I didn't like it too much.

My plans for it include:

Stage 1 REVO in the Spring
Milltek/Powerflow cat back (possibly custom depending on what my options are)
3SDM alloys with springs/coilys (may keep standard alloys and powder coat either white or black)
6k HID kit
Pipecross filter (already fitted)
Minor aesthetic mods (considering wrapping of rear diffuser, badges and mirrors, but would like to do something a bit
different)
Powdercoating of calipers, not sure what colour yet but quite fancy orange.

Current modifications as of 21/02/2013:

Full LED light conversion
Osram Nightbreaker bulbs
Pipercross panel filter
Wrapped front and rear badges in matt black (now removed)
Carbon fibre "Bocanegra" door sill protectors
Alloys powdercoated dark graphite
Forge blow off adapter fitted
Brake calipers painted orange

From the factory the car has tinted windows and the bluetooth kit. (unsure if that comes as standard) Unfortunately it doesn't have the xenons but as I've said i'll sort it out eventually with a HID conversion kit.

I work offshore on a 2 on 3 off rota, so i've got plenty of time to faff about with my car when i'm at home!

Taken me a few days to get used to the DSG box, it's going to turn me into one lazy s**t!!

Few pics from the dealership the day I picked it up (14/12/12):

522738_474068715977822_377254677_n_zps65720ff2.jpg

154655_474069079311119_919595983_n_zpsb6c12c59.jpg

45170_474068889311138_1939451041_n_zps05356aa3.jpg

29547_474069039311123_1068884878_n_zps407a0760.jpg

Last edited:
EA6FF505-9FF2-48A7-8F6D-97DDCDF73288-115-00000002616FC9D9.jpg.html

483C6883-F03A-4BAE-8D6E-F32BE39A5A2D-115-0000000259B37D46.jpg.html

some "dramatic" pictures of my car taken at the oil refinery in Grangemouth. (sorry about the quality sh***y iPhone)

currently off work for an extra week with a busted wrist (making full use of the automatic lol)

waiting on a few bits and pieces coming in the post, such as wind deflectors, yellow tint film for the fogs and a matt vinyl wrap for the badges, and possibly diffuser.

not sure if they'll arrive before i'm back offshore (go away on the 4th for 5 days then off for 3 weeks lol!!!)

anyway i'll update when they arrive and i have them fitted.

any comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated!! :D

forgot to mention last night that I had bought some carbon fibre door sill protectors. Sure some people on here probably have them already, but at £14.99 I feel they make a great addition:

4FA3B4EB-650E-4AF3-AE01-18A82D0F2AC2-115-000000B7C04B02C6.jpg

apologies about the mess on the bottom bit of the sill, but it has been raining almost continuously for the past fortnight and haven't had a chance to give the car a thorough clean.

also stuck the obligatory bocanegra sticker to the front as mines was lacking one (and yes I know its squint, but i like it like that. got a spare one so might change it)

295BE986-CFF9-40BF-A7E1-5B5441BF8E66-115-000000B7C5AD59C9.jpg

the macbook also got a bit of boca loving lol:

F976C635-BD68-4599-A389-76496D59D4D3-115-000000B85FC34465.jpg

let me know what you all think!

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
Great looking car ,love the HID'S keep meaning to do that myself. Have you thought about the spoiler and/or side skirts ?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Where are you based?

Enjoy the car - I drove Dav's Cupra and loved it.

Free advice - I would re-post the photos without the number plates on display if you value your warranty. There is at least one Scottish dealer who likes looking on here to pick out the cars that have been tampered with. You are making it easy for him if you happen to take it to his stealership ;)

Oh - and you need to update your location - its CNOOC Nexen now ;)

Where are you based?

Enjoy the car - I drove Dav's Cupra and loved it.

Free advice - I would re-post the photos without the number plates on display if you value your warranty. There is at least one Scottish dealer who likes looking on here to pick out the cars that have been tampered with. You are making it easy for him if you happen to take it to his stealership ;)

Oh - and you need to update your location - its CNOOC Nexen now ;)

i'm in falkirk mate, you?

oh ya, cheers for the advice! dealership is one in edinburgh if that helps?

hahaha i don't fancy saying I work for the Chinese government just yet, there were wild rumours flying around last trip that our blue overalls were going to be changed for more communist red ones :cry:

i'm still an apprentice so technically i'm still employed by opito :)

take it you work offshore too?

small update tonight,

was at the cinema seeing jack reacher (would thoroughly recommend btw)

whilst waiting for my chums to arrive, i noticed two lads looking at the car, one said to his mate "is that one of those bocanegras, they're smart as fu*k" haha, made me smile as I watched them go up to it and scope it out, looking inside and at the black mouth!

made me happy i'd chosen my boc! :)

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
small update tonight,

was at the cinema seeing jack reacher (would thoroughly recommend btw)

whilst waiting for my chums to arrive, i noticed two lads looking at the car, one said to his mate "is that one of those bocanegras, they're smart as fu*k" haha, made me smile as I watched them go up to it and scope it out, looking inside and at the black mouth!

made me happy i'd chosen my boc! :)

Always an awesome moment when people ask about them :D even better when you're driving down a road and nearly every single driver in the opposite directions head turns to get a look as you go by :D

forgot i had this sitting in my garage waiting to be used:
901730C3-B4DC-414A-B168-EDB66CE7988A-2599-000001FBB3F3468F.jpg

had it for my old FR as i fancied changing the caliper colour from red to orange. now thinking about painting the calipers on my bocanegra orange, but I'm unsure....any opinions would be great!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.