Adam's Bocanegra UPDATE 23/07/13 Damaged Bumper Resolution and 2nd Service

Rawibizafr

Mar 27, 2013
North West
Your bocanegra looks pretty sweet now!
If you don't mind me asking where are the number plate holders from? And also the pressed plates? Both look great!
Also do you think the H&R lowering springs improve the handling of the car?

Your bocanegra looks pretty sweet now!
If you don't mind me asking where are the number plate holders from? And also the pressed plates? Both look great!
Also do you think the H&R lowering springs improve the handling of the car?

thanks! much appreciated!

the number plate holders are from awesomegti, think they were about £16 delivered. and the pressed plates are just from ebay, about £25 delivered iirc.

Yeah, I would say I have noticed a slight difference, the car feels more in line when you're coming out of bends and it certainly doesnt roll as much as before. i'm sure when i team it up with an uprated ARB it'll be even better!

not updated this in a wee while now. today I had my engine cover carbon dipped, will let the pictures do the talking :)

all for the bargain price of £60! oil cap is currently being done as well, and I think i'm going to get a few other bits and bobs on the dashboard/interior done too!

let me know what you think! i'm really happy with the finish

Deleted member 49882

Looks great. Maybe think about getting the R8 oil cap to help finish it off. I would also get some metal polish, rotary polishing pad for a power drill and get that turbo heat shield polished up. Good job though.

Looks great. Maybe think about getting the R8 oil cap to help finish it off. I would also get some metal polish, rotary polishing pad for a power drill and get that turbo heat shield polished up. Good job though.

thank you!

the R8 oil cap is planned, although my standard one is being dipped as well. i actually had the heat shield off yesterday to decide what to do with it actually tempted to paint it gloss black.

Deleted member 49882

really like your engine bay btw, it was yours that made me want mines dipped!
Ha ha, no bother. I just used metal polish on my heat shield. Got a rotary pad for the power drill and just set to work bringing a shine up on it.

Few updates to report...

Was my 21st birthday last week, unfortunately I spent it offshore...

Anyway, I arrived home to a nice wee present :D

Chuffed with it, much better than the old plate!

I also had a go at wrapping the front fog lights in yellow, but i'm not sure if i like them like that or not....

Next on the cards is to get the wheel alignment sorted out, as I've noticed a bit of uneven tyre wear after lowering it. Should've got it sorted a while ago, but hey ho...
Will be booked in for the end of next week, for the very reasonable price of £30.

Recently I have been weighing up my options with the car. I'm seriously contemplating getting rid! The oil usage is beginning to wear on me, as well as all the rattles and noises. I still owe about £8k on the car however, and if I were to get rid of it would be left with nothing. If I am replacing it it will be with an S2000 [B)]

So....

Was washing my car a couple of weeks ago and came across this :(:

The exhaust system has been on the car for around 2-3 months, so I found it really strange that it happened now....to be fair I was whoring it along a private road :)whistle:) one night at 100 plus so I'm assuming that's what caused it to get excessively hot and caused the melting!

Anyway, I was really pissed off when I discovered it, so took the whole valance to bits to inspect it with scrutiny:

I had to go to a course in Aberdeen for 3 days the night I discovered the damage so I left it without the valance on parked up on my drive. I was pretty pissed off as i assumed I'd have to replace the whole thing as it looked too far gone, so I e-mailed the company that built my exhaust to see what they could do about it, and the guy has been really decent about the whole thing and agreed to repair/replace the valance along with modifying the exhaust to prevent any further damage.

So when I returned home from Aberdeen I went straight down to Stainless Creations to let the guys see the damage in person. They suggested that I add a tailpipe as it looks like the melting is being caused by exhaust gases not being able to escape out the exit, so the tailpipe should mean the gases will be clear of the valance.

By chance that day I went to see the guys that coated my engine cover (same industrial estate as the exhaust place) and showed him the damage. He told me he'd be able to fix it no bother for about £40-50!!!! :p

He's quite friendly with the guys at stainless creations so they've arranged to pay for his work. I'm also going to get the rear diffuser carbon dipped whilst he carries out the repair! [B)]

Anyway, I'm back offshore on Wednesday 24th July for 2 weeks, and then go to Ibiza for a week on 10th August, so I've arranged to leave the car with the boys at stainless creations for the modifications to be carried out and the repair on the diffuser at the same time...so I should come home to a sorted car!

Oh and the cars booked into Seat Edinburgh for its 2nd service at the rip-off price of £189 on 20th August :blink: would do it myself but would rather have a seat stamp in the book.

Well, as usual it has been a long while since I updated this thread.

Came home from Ibiza to a fixed rear diffuser:

As you can see in the pic, the tailpipe was extended slightly. I'm not overly happy with the visible weld, but at least its fixed and won't happen again.

The car then went in for its 2nd service at Western Seat Edinburgh on the 20th August. Absolute rip off at £189, but I wanted a Seat stamp in the book.

A couple of days after the service, I decided to take the H&R springs off. I had been noticing a bit of a knocking noise from the passenger side and wanted to investigate it.

Going back to dune buggy height:

Anyway...got to the passenger side shock and found this:

And yes, I am wearing crocs. :whistle:

There's score marks on the piston that must've lead to the seal being damaged, as it was leaking hydraulic oil.

Pretty pissed off as the cars less than 2 years old and done less than 22,000 miles. Not sure how it happened but could've been when i was installing the H&R springs the first time and used molegrips to hold the rod when securing the top mount.

Anyway, I've been driving about on a busted shock for the last week :(

Sold the springs to somebody on TEAMBOC! for £75...which is a plus!

Seeing as I'll need a new shock anyway, looks like i'll be buying coilovers in the near future. any suggestions as to which brand to buy?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.