Advice brand new seat...

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Spare wheel, the foam idea is not great.

Cheers for the reply.... Why is the spare wheel not a good idea? I don't need it to be honest as I can't change a wheel lol. When you select the Seat Sound System it auto selects as a required option. Do you mean something to do with the seats when you said foam?

I am going for the Cloth Techny B, front sports seats with cloth, red stitching & simil leather bolsters.

Last edited:

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
Wind up..?!

No spare wheel and you get a can of foam/gunk and an inflation kit to temporarily inflate the tyre so you can get you to a garage and repair/replace the tyre.

Seat sound requires a spare wheel in the boot to support the extra sound kit - it fits in the wheel.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Playerjs if I were you I'd search autotrader for nearly new leon's that have the spec you need. That's the cheapest way yo get the car you want - although you might have to travel a bit to find the right one. Also you might be waiting a while for the new model year cars to role into the dealer's - but no longer than you'd be waiting for your new car

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Wind up..?!

No spare wheel and you get a can of foam/gunk and an inflation kit to temporarily inflate the tyre so you can get you to a garage and repair/replace the tyre.

Seat sound requires a spare wheel in the boot to support the extra sound kit - it fits in the wheel.

Not a wind up.

Miss interrupted what was said I think... Didn't realise that I hadn't listed spare wheel in my selected options in the OP.

I am a bit fearful of replacing wheels...because I tried to replace my sisters car's wheel, I put the jack up... Walked round the car, only to hear a cracking sound. went around to investigate and the side skirt had come off. it was embarrassing and also cost a lot to put right. So from that day onwards I decided not to engage in wheel replacement activities lol.

Anyway, I believe that I will be getting a 18inch spare wheel with the seat sound option. But I won't be touching it tho...

Last edited:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Cheers for the reply.... Why is the spare wheel not a good idea? I don't need it to be honest as I can't change a wheel lol. When you select the Seat Sound System it auto selects as a required option. Do you mean something to do with the seats when you said foam?

I am going for the Cloth Techny B, front sports seats with cloth, red stitching & simil leather bolsters.

No, standard with most new cars is to get a pump and some foam to put in if you get a puncture, most of the time it don't work, a spare wheel in the boot is an option now and well worth haggling into your deal.

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
Ps. am I right in thinking that the Navigation System High is included with Tech Pack...Do I need to specifically request this from my dealer??

No, the Navigation System High is a £680 option on top of the Tech Pack.

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
No, standard with most new cars is to get a pump and some foam to put in if you get a puncture, most of the time it don't work, a spare wheel in the boot is an option now and well worth haggling into your deal.

Thanks for the advice... definitely will be get the spare wheel but won't be changing it myself...
I will just ring my breakdown service and endure the wait [:@]

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
No, the Navigation System High is a £680 option on top of the Tech Pack.

Cheers for the reply man, are you sure about this? I just tried build and price on Seat.co.uk and it states that if you have Technology Pack that Navigation High is a no cost option.

Bit confused :confused: will have to ask the dealer about this but they seem to be useless with these things, half the time I seem to be more clued up on these things.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I knew that would be misleading . There was a thread about what comes in my16 I think it gets cleared up in there.

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
I knew that would be misleading ����. There was a thread about what comes in my16 I think it gets cleared up in there.

What are you referring to bro? post a link to your thread if you can please.

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
I just tried build and price on Seat.co.uk and it states that if you have Technology Pack that Navigation High is a no cost option.

I see what you're saying about Nav High appearing to be a no-cost item in the build and price configurator, but I suspect that it's a mistake.

If you look on page 11 of the price list, it shows Nav High as being a £680 option for most models. It includes Full Link which costs £150 if specified separately.

The description of the Navigation High option on the left of the page includes WiFi which isn't mentioned in the options listing. I'm not sure how you would use this in a car.

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
I see what you're saying about Nav High appearing to be a no-cost item in the build and price configurator, but I suspect that it's a mistake.

If you look on page 11 of the price list, it shows Nav High as being a £680 option for most models. It includes Full Link which costs £150 if specified separately.

The description of the Navigation High option on the left of the page includes WiFi which isn't mentioned in the options listing. I'm not sure how you would use this in a car.

Thanks for this man, I had a look as you said it's listed as a £680 extra, however it's very misleading to a normalite like me. This is not the first mistake or misinformation that I have come across on Seat.co.uk.

Moreover, if you look at the price list, the Technology pack is also specified as chargeable add on at £1085 but as you probably know it's free at the moment.

Anyway I think its worth enquiring about and asking my seat dealer about this... :confused:

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
It is a chargeable option and the dealers have to cover a certain chunk if not all of it IIRC even though it is "free" to the customer.

brobbo

Jun 24, 2014
I'm going to be putting my leon 184 SC up for sale shortly if you interested?

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
It is a chargeable option and the dealers have to cover a certain chunk if not all of it IIRC even though it is "free" to the customer.

Cool man, I didn't know that to be honest. Although I suspect it's heavily subsidised by the manufacturer in other areas to balance the margin for showrooms...Having said that, I am told by a lot of dealers that they can't do much more than 8-9% off the total price because their margins are really small. Fact that the finance is 0% doesn't help either.:shrug:

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
I'm going to be putting my leon 184 SC up for sale shortly if you interested?

Cheers pal, but I need a 5dr and the insurance/running cost will be astronomical for me even with my 6 years NCD. Why are you selling it? are you going for a diff car?

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
UPDATE: This is what I will be ordering on the 8th of July now.

Car>>
-New Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 FR 5dr [Technology Pack]

Color>>
-Metallic Nevada White Paint: +£575

Options>>

-18" Performance alloy wheels: +£385
-18" Space-saving Spare wheel: +£105
-Seat Sound system: +£260
-Cloth Techny B: +£0 (front sports seats with cloth, red stitching & simil leather bolsters)
-Convenience pack plus: +£200
-Rear view Camera: +£215
-Full link: +£150
-Safety Pack Plus: +£500
-Adaptive Cruise Control with Front Assist: +£515

-Navigation System High: +£0 (if I get it free)

Accessories>>
-Vehicle Safety Kit: +£29
-Foil sills with Leon logo: +£85

Another daft question but will I need the "Spare Wheel Kit?" :confused: as there is no mention of a jack or any tools with the spare wheel option..

Cheers

Last edited:

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
I've noticed that SEAT no longer say that the Tech Pack is "free". It is now "included" with the car.

But if you look at sites such as Drive the Deal, they charge an extra £1,085 for Tech Pack models (before their discount).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members