Alarm issues

May 6, 2023
We've had issues with our Formentor alarm and finally thought it had been fixed when Seat said we had a faulty siren. They fitted a new part but sadly this hasn't fixed the problem. The alarm is still going off randomly and now the lights flash too.
We're convinced this is a sensor problem or water in the electrics somewhere. Anyone had similar problems as I'm getting pretty fed up of ringing the local dealer to complain about it.

Jan 29, 2024
Hi

I have had the same issue as the alarm has decided to go off randomly.

Checked everything, doors etc, cleaned inside so nothing loose and also disabled interior sensor. It still goes off.

Problem is garage can't see car till late February so I have pulled the alarm horn fuse.

Had anyone else had to resort to this ?

Thanks

Phil

May 6, 2023
Hi

I have had the same issue as the alarm has decided to go off randomly.

Checked everything, doors etc, cleaned inside so nothing loose and also disabled interior sensor. It still goes off.

Problem is garage can't see car till late February so I have pulled the alarm horn fuse.

Had anyone else had to resort to this ?

Thanks

Phil
We ended up having our siren replaced twice, I would get your dealer to do this to fix the fault.

Jan 29, 2024
We ended up having our siren replaced twice, I would get your dealer to do this to fix the fault.
Thanks Michelle.

It's more annoying than anything.

Reported it today and got a triage call tomorrow but pulling a fuse is the easy option as it breaks the circuit for the alarm horn.

Will see what they say tomorrow.

Thanks again

May 6, 2023
Thanks Michelle.

It's more annoying than anything.

Reported it today and got a triage call tomorrow but pulling a fuse is the easy option as it breaks the circuit for the alarm horn.

Will see what they say tomorrow.

Thanks again
Yes it's a really annoying fault and even after having it changed once we still had problems with the alarm and lights flashing randomly. We were surprised when they insisted it needed to be replaced again but all is ok now. We thought it was sensor related too but it sounds like your siren needs replacing.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.