Alarm keeps going off

May 6, 2023
Hello, we are new Formentor owners and have a problem with the alarm going off. It's random as it's gone off as soon as we have locked it, sometimes an hour can go by and it's also done it as I've walked away for the car. Any suggestions please. Are are still getting used to all the settings etc but have set myself up as primary user and my husband as another user. I've used the key to manually leave it unlocked for now and my neighbour has had to block us in to protect the car.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
There’s been a few instances of the alarm randomly going off on the mk8 Golf - reported on golfgtiforum.co.uk and golfmk8.com forums. VW had issued a TPI (Technical Product Information) no. 2067062/x and they were working on a software fix to rectify this. It could be that Cupra are doing the same for the Formentor so it would be worth checking with your dealer.

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
Check all the windows are up, as I believe it's triggered by air pressure now. Rather than the old movement method.
Else I would also get the battery checked, low battery voltage is a common alarm trigger typically. But usually you would know because of slow starting/turnover

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.