Almost Blocked inlet manifold.

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
ToledoSteve said:
Nearly forgot, I cleaned the gunk out with a screwdriver !!!! YES it was that solid (anyone ever cleaned out the centifugal oil filter on a Deutz Air cooled Diesel? it was like that) A big bruch of thekind used for Babys bottles, or oilways would be ideal. I soaked it in Parrafin (Kerosene) for 2 hrs first in a big bucket. All this just to tighten up the pipe feeding oil to the turbo. Car goes faster now though!!It WAS worth it.
well once did one on a baby Fiat which needed a stanley knife:funk: how did the oil feed go did you just nip it up or was it a bigger job:)

ToledoSteve

Nospray yet invented, would have cleaned out my manifold. Like I said, get those paws dirty and have a look, it is easy and you will be shocked. Proabably more so be the increase in performance when you have cleaned it. !!

ToledoSteve

Trust me, no spray yet invented was going to clean out the gunk in my manifold. Take it off and dig it out. it is easy really, while you are there blank off the EGR pipe, it has to come off in the process.

carterc_ae

Fl@pper said:
ps- got some Millers Diesel Power Boost at work and selling like hot cakes - all the customers raving about it

anyone used it ?

Raving about what exactly? I am wondering whether to start using this stuff (as I tend to fill up with Tesco diesel), or should I just convert to Shell Extra Diesel and forget the Millers?

Any comments?

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
carterc_ae said:
Raving about what exactly? I am wondering whether to start using this stuff (as I tend to fill up with Tesco diesel), or should I just convert to Shell Extra Diesel and forget the Millers?

Any comments?

Do both, i do! Millers has probably upped my daily commute MPG by ~2 on the indicator - thats after about 6 fills now. That may mean it doesnt quite pay for itself, however its helping other things also im assume.

Are we all in danger of having clogged manifolds? Is anyone going to take a plunge and have theirs off to look? I would if i knew what i was doing :D

sssstew

Editing your spelling
EdButler said:
Are we all in danger of having clogged manifolds? Is anyone going to take a plunge and have theirs off to look? I would if i knew what i was doing :D

generally i would say no, the quality of diesel in the UK is better than the US, so when driven using a wider rev range and full throttle regularly this shouldnt be an issue.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
One of those bits on the right in this pic would solve any EGR related issues. ;) Mine's in a box along with a new silicone bend ready for fitting.

allardproducts-017-600.jpg

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
EdButler said:
Is anyone going to take a plunge and have theirs off to look? I would if i knew what i was doing :D
I'm tempted, just need to find the time....

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I've concluded my ASV is knackered anyway as mine shudders nicely on shut down now. :D So it doing the same isn't really gonna bother me at all, compared with the roughness of it at all other times. You get used to a bit of shaking with super stiff FK coilovers. :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.