Altech's Ibiza, Replacement Is Here! Can You Guess What It Is? Pg 33

gatman

Apr 6, 2008
stevenage
paint code

Just gone through the whole thread and car looks wicked:clap:

Do you know the paint code for your car as ive got an ibiza the same colour but the sticker in the boot is damaged and cant read it properly!:confused:

thanks.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Sorry about the late reply

Cheers for the comments

gatman - my sticker is also damaged and i can't really read it....don't want to give you a wrong number! I'm sure if you get in touch with your local dealer they'll be able to give you your code.

cupraajy - your car looks nice...don't see too many cupras in yellow

nils 6l

Dutch Driver
Aug 9, 2008
Netherlands
@Altech

I'm from holland and I were sent to your topic about the smic cooling problem with a Cupra Front. In this forum I read that you've done some loging after you've cleared the honeycomb grill of the cupra front. Are those results still posted somewhere on this forum? Where they positive or could I better stick to the original FR front?

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
I've never actually done any loging. I just measured the standard bumper grille and compared it to my modified Cupra grille and worked out that the same amount of air, if not more, will pass to the smic.

I've driven the car for 2 hours on the motorway in about 29 degrees Celsius and never had any problems with heat soak.

nils 6l

Dutch Driver
Aug 9, 2008
Netherlands
I think I'll keep it by his images ;)

I've never actually done any loging. I just measured the standard bumper grille and compared it to my modified Cupra grille and worked out that the same amount of air, if not more, will pass to the smic.

I've driven the car for 2 hours on the motorway in about 29 degrees Celsius and never had any problems with heat soak.

OK Thnx! Then I will try the Cupra bumper and do some logging myself. I'm going to get a custem remap to about 220 hp (next wednesday :yes:) so I'll need al the cooling I can get. Right now I still got the FR front so I will do some logging first with the FR bumper on for comparison.

Yesterday I started to cut out the closed honycomb cels. Damn what a crappy job is that if you wan't to do it perfect. Today I stabed a Stanley knife about 1/2 an inch in my thumb when cutting the grill :mad::whistle: And now still I'm only half way there..

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Ouch!! :headhurt: Sounds painful!

It took me quite a while to cut out the closed honeycombs, I drilled out as much as I could and then filed down all the rough edges. Another member on here used a belt sander to sand down the back part of the grille that blocks the honeycombs.

With 220 bhp you might want to invest in a fmic as I can't imagine that the small smic would be able to cope.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I think I'll keep it by his images ;)

OK Thnx! Then I will try the Cupra bumper and do some logging myself. I'm going to get a custem remap to about 220 hp (next wednesday :yes:) so I'll need al the cooling I can get. Right now I still got the FR front so I will do some logging first with the FR bumper on for comparison.

Yesterday I started to cut out the closed honycomb cels. Damn what a crappy job is that if you wan't to do it perfect. Today I stabed a Stanley knife about 1/2 an inch in my thumb when cutting the grill :mad::whistle: And now still I'm only half way there..

I don't know if it's a TDI or a 20VT you have, either way if you are going to aim for 220BHP you really should be looking at an FMIC and not sticking with the SMIC.

Also with the FMIC you won't need to worry about bumper design affecting your cooling. :)

nils 6l

Dutch Driver
Aug 9, 2008
Netherlands
We have JD Engineering. The real guru of the 1.8 20vt :)

You can get another chip with him for about € 500,- to about 205 hp, but I'm going to get a custem remap on a dyno for € 750,-. Almost all factory FR's who where getting a custem remap at JD Engineering went to about 220 (some 215) hp. He's monitoring the cooling very well and there isn't even one bad story about this guy on whole the internet. On our Dutch forum almost everybody goes to JD for a remap.
He also is one of the less who limits the torque in first and second gear to keep the car driveable. And he will write the MAF-sensor away with the remap so the damn thing can't get broke anymore and I can get a BOV that will fully blow off all presure.
Other guys on our forum do 0-60 (0-100kph) in 6.4s with a factory FR with a custem remap at JD's.
Tomorrow is my day :D I'll have to drive 5 hours to get to JD but it's worth the ride! I'll post the dyno results the day after.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
I haven’t updated this thread for a while so here’s a recent mod.

I needed to replace my rear lights as one of the lenses was cracked and kept fogging up. Also one was slightly scuffed.

I bought a set of the dark style facelift lights off ebay but got messed about by the seller. Eventually after about 5 weeks I got a full refund! I then spotted a set of Cupra rear lights going cheap so I couldn’t help myself and bought them. They're only a year or so old so they still look like new.

Before
P1000658.jpg

P1000659.jpg

During
P1000660.jpg

P1000662.jpg

After
P1000664.jpg

P1000663.jpg

P1000661.jpg

P1000760.jpg

I wasn’t too sure about them in the beginning but they’ve grown on me now. They suit the car even better now that I’ve changed a few more things. I’ll have a bigger update next week, then you’ll see what I mean ;)

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Cheers lads :)

Aero wiper and debadging will come soon, although I think i'll leave the TDI on

Scott - I paid £60+p&p for the rear lights

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
where from bud? can u give me the part numbers?

Ebay mate. I don't have the part numbers, but there might be some part numbers in the FAQ section. Iirc they're about £180 new from Seat! There are some for sale in the accessories section aswell :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.