Another tale of Woe (long)

JonTelfer

On the crab
Jan 24, 2007
On the last visit to the garage they did the full diagnostics and found nothing, as the mechanic was finishing up he noticed part of the wiring loom was rubbing on the radiator fan.........he fixed that up and I've had two weeks of no errors, touch wood.

chrislang

Good Dealer Experience

I too have had Airbag warning light problems on my March 07 Altea XL
Less than 500 miles after I had bought it new the 'Airbag Warning' light came on The Dealer 'Carshop' of Yeovil ordered anew Airbag & detonator as this is what their diagnostics showed was wrong! this duly arrived in about 2 weeks and was fitted. After another 150 miles the light came on again, they checked and the same fault message appeared, being a bit suspicious they checked with SEAT UK and yes there was a problem and also a fix - hardwiring the plugs under the front seat. This was duly done and off I went for about another 200 miles when the light came on again! The dealer imeadiately had my car in stripped the Drivers side loom and drivers seat and Airbag control box out of a new Altea XL and swopped them for my original units. I've had no problems since ( although I know they have had to work on the Airbag light on the car the put my old units in! )
All the time I have had courteous service, full of regret for my problems with a replacement vehicle made available always and sometimes at very short notice. Any car can have a problem but I feel well looked after by this particular dealer and would recommend 'Carshop' to anyone.
Just thought the good ones should have some airspace too.

Regards
Chris

JonTelfer

On the crab
Jan 24, 2007
Snarks - It seems to be fixed now (touch wood).

All I've got to do now is get a replacement OBD port cover which was removed so many times it's had a clip broken, and a handle for the seat. This has taken 3 visits so far and they've not got the right parts in yet.

Consider yourself lucky Chris.

Jon

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise