Anyone Know Why My Virtual Cockpit is Missing These??

May 18, 2023
Hello everyone. Had my Ateca for a few months now and ive just recently got OBDEleven and activated some cool features. However I've seen video and images of others Atecas around the same age as mine and I seem to be missing some design features and have no idea why.

So currently mine looks similar to this one (besides its in MPH UK):
Photo-10-11-2022-09-56-5120221118095457.jpg

I'm wondering why mine doesn't have the red markers instead of white for 30MPH and 50MPH like this and the first image (Hard to see but they're there):
e4f6960c8b0924d5-medium.jpg

Also mine seems to be missing the red line that shows at the bottom as seen in these images:
seat-leon-mk3-virtual-cockpit-2-e1599328104868.jpg

seat-leon-mk3-virtual-cockpit-1-e1599328078558.jpg

Now i get it. these are very small minor things, but i'm just wondering why. The main one is the red markers for 30MPH as since most roads here in the UK are 30 it would be so much better to have this clearly shown. Any help or information would be helpful. Seat Ateca 69 plate

Attachments

• e4f6960c8b0924d5-medium.jpg
    e4f6960c8b0924d5-medium.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 66
  • seat-leon-mk3-virtual-cockpit-2-e1599328104868.jpg
    seat-leon-mk3-virtual-cockpit-2-e1599328104868.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Photo-10-11-2022-09-56-5120221118095457.jpg
    Photo-10-11-2022-09-56-5120221118095457.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 68

Tell

Staff member
Mine is the analogue type but I'm wondering whether the red lines missing from the bottom that you dont have are the "themed" lines of ambient lighting. If you have variable ambient lighting and you changed to red you might get them. Non ambient lighting and you'd get white or whatever the fixed colour is. Arona takes the paint colour so if red the ambient light that you can't change where you don't have variable colour ambient light will be red. I do have variable ambient lighting in my Ateca so the themed colours come out in the infotainment screen only but on a virtual cockpit you'd get them there as well.m

Thats what I suspect is going on.

May 18, 2023
Mine is the analogue type but I'm wondering whether the red lines missing from the bottom that you dont have are the "themed" lines of ambient lighting. If you have variable ambient lighting and you changed to red you might get them. Non ambient lighting and you'd get white or whatever the fixed colour is. Arona takes the paint colour so if red the ambient light that you can't change where you don't have variable colour ambient light will be red. I do have variable ambient lighting in my Ateca so the themed colours come out in the infotainment screen only but on a virtual cockpit you'd get them there as well.m

Thats what I suspect is going on.
Hey buddy thanks for the reply. So mine does have ambient lighting. I can change the front doors to the 30 colours I added via obdeleven and the footwell ones stay white regardless. The colour is also represented on the infotainment system when I change it also. The cockpit stays the same red regardless of a colour change. Now in obdeleven I can’t change any themes but I can can the colour to the copper one on the needles but nothing else changes. I’ve also leaned that the red lines do show up on mine when I change it to KM but then goes back to normal when selecting mph in the infotainment system

Tell

Staff member
Hey buddy thanks for the reply. So mine does have ambient lighting. I can change the front doors to the 30 colours I added via obdeleven and the footwell ones stay white regardless. The colour is also represented on the infotainment system when I change it also. The cockpit stays the same red regardless of a colour change. Now in obdeleven I can’t change any themes but I can can the colour to the copper one on the needles but nothing else changes. I’ve also leaned that the red lines do show up on mine when I change it to KM but then goes back to normal when selecting mph in the infotainment system

You can get issues where you mod the ambient lights to give you the many shades but the virtual cockpit doesn't. It doesn't work like that. It's come up on the Leon 3 software thread then another thread was created.... You just got to find it.

The person installed 1447AIO but had modded the ambient colours off the rest but you have to fiddle with the cockpit by hand. How I remember it.

Skin fiddling reference point is here:

It came up again after as I recall or before 🤔. If you hunt up and down. It's where people had installed 1447AIO with the modified ambient colours but didnt see them on the virtual cockpit. You can program those which is what people did. Chillout is the expert on this. I've never done it. The information is on the board the question is finding it. You might be able to fiddle with the virtual cockpit but certainly things can go off beam when you move the restricted ambient light shades away from the factory fitted and the cockpit is incapable of showing them.

There are two toolkits one for the high and one for the standard. Chill out is the high author. Need to check when you find each whether it's a standard infotainment or the high.

May 18, 2023
You can get issues where you mod the ambient lights to give you the many shades but the virtual cockpit doesn't. It doesn't work like that. It's come up on the Leon 3 software thread then another thread was created.... You just got to find it.

The person installed 1447AIO but had modded the ambient colours off the rest but you have to fiddle with the cockpit by hand. How I remember it.

Skin fiddling reference point is here:

It came up again after as I recall or before 🤔. If you hunt up and down. It's where people had installed 1447AIO with the modified ambient colours but didnt see them on the virtual cockpit. You can program those which is what people did. Chillout is the expert on this. I've never done it. The information is on the board the question is finding it. You might be able to fiddle with the virtual cockpit but certainly things can go off beam when you move the restricted ambient light shades away from the factory fitted and the cockpit is incapable of showing them.

There are two toolkits one for the high and one for the standard. Chill out is the high author. Need to check when you find each whether it's a standard infotainment or the high.
Thanks for the reply. I remember having the default 10 colours on the infotainment initially, but even then they never changed the cockpit when I looked at them all. Will give the thread a look. Thanks for all your help!