Anyone ordered yet?

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
So the time has come where I’m finally in a position to place an order, Car will be FR spec with the following options:

LED Lights
Kessy
Dual Zone Climate
Vision Pack (Parking Sensors + Camera)
Spare wheel
Desire Red or Ice Silver
18” Alloys (bit undecided on these)

Now engine I can’t decide on 1.0 or 1.5. I do approx. 8k a year mainly commuting 25 miles a day, occasional holidays trips 1-2 times a year on motorway/a roads.

My current Leon 1.2 only has 105 bhp so the 1.0 is actually better due to higher power (115 bhp) and lower weight of the Ibiza vs Leon, though I am severely tempted by the 1.5 warm hatch. If choosing the 1.0 DSG may also be considered.

Be looking to keep for 4-5 years so need to make the right choice. Been offered approx. 4K off list on any engine with all options above included.

Alternatively I can lease an Audi A4 for 2-3 years and await the facelift :whistle:

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Having traded a 1.2 for a 1.0 5 months ago, I can tell you it's only better on paper. In the real world it has no bloody torque at all compared with the 1.2, and it's always needing yet another gear change. I'd avoid the 1.0 if there's any other option.

I'd even consider my long hated 1.6TDi.

Last edited:

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
1.5 is definitely the best choice, there’s a video on YouTube of an arona doing 0 to 60 in 7.3s.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Hello! Ordered one in October, but got the call last week saying it was (at last....!) about to be built and would be with the dealer early/mid Feb. So we’ll take it on an ‘18 plate :)

It’s an FR 115 PS DSG
Desire Red / Alcantara Simil
18” wheels
Panoramic roof
Adaptive cruise
Climate control
Vision pack
Full LED lights
Keyless entry

Specc’ed to a ludicrous level as it’s replacing an Audi A3 e-tron that we bought as an ex-demo. They’re highly specified as standard, but it too had some nice options as well. So it’s replacement had to be similarly equipped. Shame about the heated seats... :(

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Hello! Ordered one in October, but got the call last week saying it was (at last....!) about to be built and would be with the dealer early/mid Feb. So we’ll take it on an ‘18 plate :)

It’s an FR 115 PS DSG
Desire Red / Alcantara Simil
18” wheels
Panoramic roof
Adaptive cruise
Climate control
Vision pack
Full LED lights
Keyless entry

Specc’ed to a ludicrous level as it’s replacing an Audi A3 e-tron that we bought as an ex-demo. They’re highly specified as standard, but it too had some nice options as well. So it’s replacement had to be similarly equipped. Shame about the heated seats... :(

That makes me very happy! Ordered mine in october too! Very similar specs but I’ve gone for the 1.5 with...
Full LED Headlights
Beats Sound System
Dual Climate Control
Alcantara Leather Seating
Vison Pack Plus
Keyless Entry & Go
Nevada White Metallic Paint
18in Performance Alloy wheels
Front Styling Kit
Rear Spoiler
Door Hatch moulding

Was told late feb/march but this is fluctuating wuite a lot aha.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
What are you doing with the Efron?

I’m going to sell the e-tron. It’s been a great car, but they’re ridiculously expensive new. I bought it as ex demo shortly after launch, and ‘only’ paid £24k. It’s now out of warranty, but a replacement ex-demo one is £30k, and without some of the options ours has (panoramic roof, heated seats, alcantara upholstery, 18” diamond cut alloys etc etc).

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
What?? The wheels are a must! Personally I hate silver alloys.
Also get the 1.5

I really wanted the the bi-colour 17” wheels (the 18s are overkill for what ours will be used for, and *will* get badly curbed) but they’re not available on the FR. And given ours is desire red with a (black) panoramic roof the darker wheels will look better I think. So 18s it is :)

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
That makes me very happy! Ordered mine in october too! Very similar specs but I’ve gone for the 1.5 with...
Full LED Headlights
Beats Sound System
Dual Climate Control
Alcantara Leather Seating
Vison Pack Plus
Keyless Entry & Go
Nevada White Metallic Paint
18in Performance Alloy wheels
Front Styling Kit
Rear Spoiler
Door Hatch moulding

Was told late feb/march but this is fluctuating wuite a lot aha.

Nice spec :)
The 1.5 isn’t available with the DSG box unfortunately :(

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Can anyone comment on the 18" wheels and whether they give an over hard ride? I know the FR suspension can be quite firm. Also whether they affect performance with those with 1.0 cars? Thanks.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Having traded a 1.2 for a 1.0 5 months ago, I can tell you it's only better on paper. In the real world it has no bloody torque at all compared with the 1.2, and it's always needing yet another gear change. I'd avoid the 1.0 if there's any other option.

I'd even consider my long hated 1.6TDi.

Old 1.2 = 175 Nm @ 1,400 - 4,000
New 1.0 = 200 Nm @ 2,000 - 3,500
New 1.5 = 250 Nm @ 1,500 - 3,500

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I really wanted the the bi-colour 17” wheels (the 18s are overkill for what ours will be used for, and *will* get badly curbed) but they’re not available on the FR. And given ours is desire red with a (black) panoramic roof the darker wheels will look better I think. So 18s it is :)

I have seen the bi colour 17inch wheels in person and weren’t a big fan. And for only 360 odd it’s really not too bad.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Can anyone comment on the 18" wheels and whether they give an over hard ride? I know the FR suspension can be quite firm. Also whether they affect performance with those with 1.0 cars? Thanks.

From all the reviews I’ve seen the ride is a bit hard. But worth it? I’d say so. Performance by laws of physics will effect it but, it’s probably by a fraction of a second, unnoticeable.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I really wanted the the bi-colour 17” wheels...
Have you spoken to your dealership?

We had an XCELLENCE with the bi-colour wheels and an FR with the standard wheels in the showroom for the launch weekend. When we sold the FR the customer said he preferred the bi-colour (yes, it seems at least two people like them!:p ) so we swapped them.

Left us with a Monsoon Grey XCELLENCE that actually looked better than when it left the factory, that sold quickly afterwards.

Win/win [B)]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members