AP 4 pot Brakes

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
Just gauging interest - I may be able to get a set of AP 4 pot calipers and rotors/disks/ pads: fitted and working for £850 to suit a Leon Fr. They are cast with the TVR initials -for which they were intended.
This strikes me as good value and the chap supplying them has more- does this sound a good scheme?:think:

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
The guy concerned is a good engineer and can make the appropriate brackets to suit- he has done work for me before and I have seen some very good things he has done for others- the deal is at the investigation stage and no fit no pay is the basis.
The calipers are capable of out brembo-ing the Cupra brembos.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The guy concerned is a good engineer and can make the appropriate brackets to suit- he has done work for me before and I have seen some very good things he has done for others- the deal is at the investigation stage and no fit no pay is the basis.
The calipers are capable of out brembo-ing the Cupra brembos.

Considering the Cupra doesnt have Brembos, that would be a neat trick ;)

However, I would think that if this kit you are talking about was tried, tested and proved, you may well have a few people interested if the price was right.

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Only thing to make sure is the pistons in the calipers are the correct size. Get them wrong and you could end up with a very soft pedal!

Fish

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
If it comes together I will post fully- I won't be taking a penny by the way subsequent purchasers (if any) will be referred directly to source- I feel the Fr would be better for a little more braking power and this seems to be a promising direction.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.