Ape's LCR225 Thread (Getting Back on the Road)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
It gives you a good feeling when you know everything is clean, even the bits you can't see
Indeed. A very clean car goes a long way to the overal perception of it more than any modification. More than any mod i ever done first thing someone says to me is it looks like new.

Whats your future mod list? I recommend looking at the following LCR readers rides threads for inspiration.
- Willie
- Robdon
- CupraMVR
- DK
- Probee

Bean

Torque Junkie... Gimme mo
May 4, 2009
Portsmouth
Woohoo! The great Ape has Landed lol

Car's looking sweet as always Ad.

Will be interesting to see what you do with it...

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
Hi Ape, nice to see you've moved over from 206info (I used to be gav_206 on there and I'm on yer Facebook :) )

Car looks really smart, I'll be interested to see how it develops.

Are you going to do the wheels red? I think they look awesome and have to be done!

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Enough ;)

I got a good deal, 12 month warranty against the finish
3 month warranty if I kerb any, they'll touch them up FOC, which is nice of them.

They'll wax and seal the wheels before fitting them too to give me a headstart. Then it will be the usual routine of removing them every other week to clean the insides (just like with my old white wheels)

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
Enough ;)

I got a good deal, 12 month warranty against the finish
3 month warranty if I kerb any, they'll touch them up FOC, which is nice of them.

They'll wax and seal the wheels before fitting them too to give me a headstart. Then it will be the usual routine of removing them every other week to clean the insides (just like with my old white wheels)

Wow that does sound like a good deal, not often you get service like that!

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Nope, I rang them up for a group deal a couple of weeks ago, then they emailed me with an October Offer. Spoke to them again today and they did me a better deal than the one they advertised! Spoke to them about the process they'll be using (yep I'm anal about everything lol ) and:

Remove tyres,
Sand Blast and Full chemical strip down,
Heat the wheels to remove air from the alloy,
Powder Coat,
A few layers of Clearcoat / Lacquer,
Baking as and when,
Waxing and Sealing
Balance wheels / tyres and refit :D

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
I'm grand now I've got shot of the 206, got bored of it and getting hold of the Leon was a cracking move. the power difference is a fair bit too :D

Ka's long gone dude, she's driving a Twingo GT at the moment, but I think she's hankering for a Renaultsport Clio or Megane.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.