Ape's LCR225 Thread (Getting Back on the Road)

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Cheers bud. Updated pics will come soon. A few more changes in the winds too.

For today though, the car has been sorted in so far as the coolant has been changed, along with the oil (using Valvoline 10w60 race oil), filters etc. Tomorrow is MOT day and then a couple more things in the coming days :D

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
It's back on the road! Could do with a new battery, or one hell of a good run to get it charged up! That can only mean one thing. ROAD TRIP! :cartman:

I'm helping out at A & E Automotive now and again. Currently working on a Porsche Turbo conversion :D

The LCR's Livery is getting redone as well courtesy of *****************.com :D

Good times! Shame the weather is causing traction issues when I go out :p

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
It's back on the road! Could do with a new battery, or one hell of a good run to get it charged up! That can only mean one thing. ROAD TRIP! :cartman:

I'm helping out at A & E Automotive now and again. Currently working on a Porsche Turbo conversion :D

The LCR's Livery is getting redone as well courtesy of *****************.com :D

Good times! Shame the weather is causing traction issues when I go out :p

You must let us know when you are out and about I'd love a play and I'm sure Tim would too ;)

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Haha cheers t0m! :D

Just dropping this here for future:

Ferodo DS3000's:
http://www.camskill.co.uk/m49b0s404...RAKE_PADS_-_FCP1348R_Ferodo_DS3000_Brake_Pads
£144.95 (Front Set) Delivered

AP Racing Bolt Kit:
http://www.part-box.com/product_info.php?products_id=17401
£14.69 each + £6 delivery

330 x 28mm 12 bolt rotors:
http://www.reyland.co.uk/discs-pads-parts/
£245 + Delivery (Pair) + £15 delivery

Parada Spec 2's (I know I know, but budgets and all that!)
Around £110 each inc VAT

Service and MOT £100 or so

Total - around £1000

Brake Fluid etc will have to wait a bit!

dont know if they would interest you but i pay 106 a corner for vreds

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
dont know if they would interest you but i pay 106 a corner for vreds

I've run both Paradas and Vred's, It depends how much your going to use the car, if it's only going to be a summer car then I'd say go for the Paradas, I personally think they are better than the Vreds in the dry, but if your going to be using it all year round go for the Vreds, in the wet they are great :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Glad you're out on the road again mate.

Get her on a good long run and boosting up. That'll charge the battery :D

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Cheers for the advice about the Vreds, how do they stand up to track abuse?

Barney, I'll be about most of the weekend. I'll be at A&E Automotive tonight and tomorrow doing a Porsche turbo engine conversion, pop down or give us a shout :)

I thought about bringing it to work today but the wet put me off, sounds wimpish I know, once the new tyres and livery are on it'll be a different story!

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
Cheers for the advice about the Vreds, how do they stand up to track abuse?

Barney, I'll be about most of the weekend. I'll be at A&E Automotive tonight and tomorrow doing a Porsche turbo engine conversion, pop down or give us a shout :)

I thought about bringing it to work today but the wet put me off, sounds wimpish I know, once the new tyres and livery are on it'll be a different story!

Speak to Tim about track use his done 2 track days and held up well.

You still got my mobile? If you have text me we'll sort meeting up. I need tyres too :(

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
I can't remember dude, I'm at the workshop tomorrow, don't know about Sunday. Took the LCR out tonight from Stourport to Kidderminster to get some fuel. Bloody thing wouldn't start after filling up because of the battery! Luckily I had my booster in with me so I rolled it out of the way and hooked it up.

It needs a good run to help me decide whether it needs a new battery or not. I think it does. Then the next question is - a lightweight one or a normal one!

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I was originally going to get an optima yellow top due to its gel based high CCA and deep cycle ability.
however the cost of lightweight and 'uprated' batteries is so high i went for a Bosch S5
Also lightweights go flat quick if the car isnt used regularly, like 2-3 days

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Bigger than OE dimensionally and no weight listed so could be comparable to OE
Are you relocating too? Unfortunately all the boxes i made have been given out now
There are cheapish small lightweight ones but heard lots of reviews of short charge life which put me off

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Unfortunately not mate, a move to a different factory has stopped my access to the material and machines to make them

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise