Apple car play icon has disappeared

Sehanine

Dec 18, 2021
Had my Formentor since late May with no issues, but yesterday the system said it was trying to connect to my phone. I ignored it as was very short trip and no time. Longer trip today and still same problem. When I looked on the icons, I saw apple car pay has disappeared off the screen. I've tried using it with a wire to see if that helps, but nothing. Anyone know how to fix it without a trip to the garage? TIA :)

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
I would try deleting the phone from the car and telling the phone to forget the car in car play and Bluetooth settings and then pair the phone to the car again.

Sehanine

Dec 18, 2021
UPDATE: Cupra collected my car yesterday morning and took it to their workshop to find the fault. Whilst there, it was washed and vacuumed and put on the ramps to look at the underneath. They also sent me a video showing the car was in good health - good job really as it has done under 2k miles! Car was returned and now wireless car play is working again :) . This is just a positive shout out for Cupra in Poole who went above and beyond :thumbup::dance:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Good to hear it’s sorted. I’ve got a VW and they do the video health check too.

I hope the dealer didn’t inflict their usual ‘scratch and swirl’ treatment to your car’s paintwork when they washed it. I’ve seen the ‘car cleaners’ in action at the VW dealers I use and based on their cleaning method - dirty, gritty sponge and dirty bucket of water that’s probably been used on other customers‘ cars - I never let them wash my car! 😧

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I hope the dealer didn’t inflict their usual ‘scratch and swirl’ treatment to your car’s paintwork when they washed it. I’ve seen the ‘car cleaners’ in action at the VW dealers I use and based on their cleaning method - dirty, gritty sponge and dirty bucket of water that’s probably been used on other customers‘ cars - I never let them wash my car! 😧
Completely agree - always request car not to be cleaned when in for anything.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.