Apple car play icon size

M6TT F

Dec 27, 2009
Does anyone know if you can change the size of the icons when you’re using Apple play? They’re huge - it looks like something from the early learning centre. I assumed it would be the same as it was in the MK8…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dvinell

dvinell

Jul 27, 2011
The whole display looks like it's from the Early Learning Centre.
You do get used to it after some time.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
I think I asked the same thing once upon a time. I think it was deemed that its the way Apple implement the system interface.

It does look like a childs tablet in my opinion!

M6TT F

Dec 27, 2009
I think I asked the same thing once upon a time. I think it was deemed that its the way Apple implement the system interface.

It does look like a childs tablet in my opinion!
Yeah, looks crap. The UI in the MK8 had them sized like the rest of the icons, which was far better

Naxterra

Apr 10, 2022
Is there a way to scroll when searching something in Apple Car Play? Keyboard stays on the screen and only one line is visible in search results.

Darren Evans

Oct 27, 2022
It’s the only thing that I find poor on the car. Find myself disconnecting and using Bluetooth instead.

Mar 31, 2023
The digidash UI looked pretty awful in my 2021 Audi A8 but in the VZ2 Formentor it renders really well and resizes the icons to a more natural size than on Apple Carplay without Digidash. Im using an unlimited data shared sim in the box with the settings on all VIM / Youtube etc set to max picture quality, and given the size of the screen in the Formentor it really pops, there is little lag and virtually no spinning wheel of death connecting using the shared sim on 5g from EE

I actuallly wasnt going to install in the Formentor having seen what an awful UI experience it was in my A8 but its really suits the Formentor and renders better and as I say makes the app icons much more in line with the factory ones, a bit bigger but nothing like the awful Apple ones

I prefer Youtube for my music library so its a win win

Thanks

tzuicomicina

Feb 14, 2023
It's not just the icon sizes. The CarPlay UI is rendered at the approximately the same size as on my Octavia with 8" screen. As far as I read it's a Formentor problem. The car tells CarPlay to render at that resolution.

M6TT F

Dec 27, 2009
It's not just the icon sizes. The CarPlay UI is rendered at the approximately the same size as on my Octavia with 8" screen. As far as I read it's a Formentor problem. The car tells CarPlay to render at that resolution.
Ahh ok, makes sense. It’s the one thing that’s really disappointing

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.