Are remaps flagging up?

Nobziller

Apr 26, 2015
Seat UK know about my map and my issue because they've never had the issue before with the button, they are fully paying for it as its never been seen before

Porker3

May 17, 2015
Not a chance.

Basically I'm guessing that the REVO dealership is integrated with car dealership so what they are doing is removing the file before its plugged in. no different that what anybody else does.

Hi Andrew, apologies I may of misunderstood, do you believe that if you get the map removed before a service etc, it will not flag a TD1?

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
If the map is removed it will not flag up you can generally still tell if a vehicle has been mapped as long as the code is not there it will not affect warranty unless the dealership can prove it was mapped they have to give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to warranty.

golfhappy

Sep 1, 2015
Scotland
If the map is removed it will not flag up you can generally still tell if a vehicle has been mapped as long as the code is not there it will not affect warranty unless the dealership can prove it was mapped they have to give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to warranty.

As far as i'm aware that's why i opted for Superchips bluefin. So i can put it back to stock prior to its service. In the past when the golf was under warranty i would tell them not to go near the ecu, plus it did have a REVO badge on the tailgate. They did do warranty work suck as heated rear screen not working with no problem at all.

Last edited:

Porker3

May 17, 2015
As far as i'm aware that's why i opted for Superchips bluefin. So i can put it back to stock prior to its service. In the past when the golf was under warranty i would tell them not to go near the ecu, plus it did have a REVO badge on the tailgate. They did do warranty work suck as heated rear screen not working with no problem at all.

I used to have a mapped Passat CC that shot 2 ecu's, both getting changed under warrenties(3-4)yrs ago, however when they ran diagnostics it never used to look for flag codes. Once the SEAT is plugged in for a diagnostics, service, update etc it will automatically download a TD1 fault and send it to HQ, however they could only void the warrenty associated with the drive train. I dont believe they would reject a faulty door mirror, bearings etc.
The only way around it is to not get it mapped or find away of hiding the map so it would be interesting to see if anyone has a map and has it removed before having engine work undertaken.

golfhappy

Sep 1, 2015
Scotland
Is it not the case that the bluefin copies the original map/chassis number to lock the bluefin. Then you send the copied map/chassis number to Superchips server. Then download the revised map. Upload the revised map to car, which in turn puts the cars original map on the hand set. Then you reverse the procedure and when plugged into the dealers diagnostic tool it just checks to see that all matches as when it left the factory?

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
Yes you are looking at the wrong page.

Spoke to them and the "tuning" thing they do is similar to a DTUK box. It's a another control unit from ABT that works between the ECU and the engine. Rather than just fiddling with the boost ala DTUK it will manage the fueling and other bits. With it being a separate unit there will be no TD1 flags etc on the ECU and is untraceable. Can be quickly and easily removed.

Figures quoted were BHP up to 336 and tourque to 420Nm.

Does come at price, even with a 2 year warranty (which I didn't go in to details about but is backed by a large insurance company for up to £5,000 of drivetrain related components). £2,092. Yeah.

And Andrew, whilst I appreciate Internet forums and threads can get easily derailed, I think even you could appreciate both the context of this thread and my earlier question about remaps. Perhaps a simple question could have had a better response from someone so experienced in such matters.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Yes you are looking at the wrong page.

Spoke to them and the "tuning" thing they do is similar to a DTUK box. It's a another control unit from ABT that works between the ECU and the engine. Rather than just fiddling with the boost ala DTUK it will manage the fueling and other bits. With it being a separate unit there will be no TD1 flags etc on the ECU and is untraceable. Can be quickly and easily removed.

Figures quoted were BHP up to 336 and tourque to 420Nm.

Does come at price, even with a 2 year warranty (which I didn't go in to details about but is backed by a large insurance company for up to £5,000 of drivetrain related components). £2,092. Yeah.

And Andrew, whilst I appreciate Internet forums and threads can get easily derailed, I think even you could appreciate both the context of this thread and my earlier question about remaps. Perhaps a simple question could have had a better response from someone so experienced in such matters.

those Abt things are a right rip off, you're paying for a name and European tunes are more expensive than UK, i strongly suggest you keep looking but it is your money after all.

And just for the record, DTUK is supposed to also manage fuelling as well, there are 3 input thingys not 2 this time round, so be careful youre not being sold marketing bumf

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Dealer might pay for warranty work to be carried out even if the car is modified but as soon as SEAT UK finds out the car is modified they wont pay the dealer for the warranty work, chances of the dealer doing warranty work knowing that SEAT UK aren't going to pay out is minimal.

The only approved ECU files in UK are factory ones. Its at the discretion of the countries SEAT HQ to warrant maps from other people, for example SEAT DE might offer an after market file.

Yep - I had a case of that with my Polo (gearbox went, car was remapped). Dealer didn't charge me but they also refused to do business with me again :lol:

Dalomas

Definitely NOT running DTUK here. Oh no, siree bob. That would invalidate my warranty! But with a friendly SEAT dealer on hand, the only thing that could be spotted (hypothetically) was a field that logs maximum torque.

If you reset the ECU on the VW machine, that maximum value resets to zero, he reckons.

The DTUK box I definitely didn't fit has three connectors (boost, cam and fuel) and adds a stonking amount of mid-range and top-end. Easy 320-330 at a guess.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise