AshFR's MK1 Leon FR PD150 TDi - Project FR (UPDATED: 08/08/13) Added Remap Pics

AshFR

Seat Leon TDi PD150 2005
Mar 10, 2011
Shropshire
photobucket.com
Sachs SRE Organic Clutch & BBS CH 18" Alloys - Done 02/04/2013

Well in less than 3 months, my southbend clutch gave up yet again. This time it totally shat itself ripping the centre out of the clutch side and taking a chunk out the pressure plate. I contacted the company I got clutch from again and they agreed to replace it but I didn't want a southbend again so offered me the Sachs SRE kit. Here's the pics of the southbend.

IMG880_zps3874b1f2.jpg

IMG884_zpsa83581ab.jpg

IMG881_zps5511bcd6.jpg

IMG883_zpsbb4ea721.jpg

IMG885_zpsef2bc57e.jpg

Dash Magnetic Mounts for Nexus 7 - Done 23/05/2013

Well I bought a nexus 7 and got a satnav app on it so thought it would be a good idea to find something to easily mount it on the dash in the car. So I got some magnetic mounts with the metal plates and mounted them in the back of my tablet. Meanwhile I made some brackets to slide between dash and centre vents and mounted the magnets to them. Does the job perfect and hold the tablet there perfect. Also I can connect it to my head unit via Bluetooth and use it to watch films, browse internet, play music, etc.....

Here's the mounts

CAM00009_zps2cb146c0.jpg

Here's the tablet mounted on dash

CAM00008_zpsb9d06796.jpg

Genuine VW/SEAT Brake Discs and Pads All Round - Fitted 02/08/2013

It was time to change the brakes all round after having the Leon for a little under 18months. Managed to get a full set of discs and pads from TPS for £126 inc vat so can't complain at that. I was only going to replace the rear discs and pads as they looked low but after more inspection I found the fronts have well and truely had it so had to do all 4 corners. As you can see they seriously needed replacing.

Rears Before

CAM00206_zps52f95fc7.jpg

CAM00209_zps4fe74332.jpg

Rears After

CAM00210_zps481ca515.jpg

Fronts

CAM00212_zps7f4d7d55.jpg

CAM00211_zps84b87e1b.jpg

Old Pad VS New Pad

CAM00216_zpse36f5324.jpg

Think I definatly had my moneys worth out of them.

After noticing that one of my alloy wheels have suffered pot hole damage AGAIN and I don't know how or when, it was either to get a new alloy or a different set, so I managed to find an absolutely mint and I mean mint condition set of BBS CH 18" alloys with Avon ZZ3 tyres that have only been on a car for 4 months so plenty of tread left for an absolute bargain. So decided to have these and sell on my team dynamics. So while I was doing the brakes I changed all wheels around. Think the new wheels suits it very well. Here's a few pics including the damaged alloy wheel.

IMG769_zpsaba96a2a.jpg

And now how she stands with new wheels.

CAM00235_zps5c35efe6.jpg

*More Coming Soon*

Last edited:

1NCUBUS

The old RS6 wheels looked mint too! Maybe because i also got em, along with the same type of car. :p

I dont know if its me, but those BBS CH looks like they were made for this Leon, don it?

AshFR

Seat Leon TDi PD150 2005
Mar 10, 2011
Shropshire
photobucket.com
The old RS6 wheels looked mint too! Maybe because i also got em, along with the same type of car. :p

I dont know if its me, but those BBS CH looks like they were made for this Leon, don it?

Yeah i did like the rs6 but they were too heavy being reps and 19", i prefer 18". Also destroying one of them didnt help lol. Yeah i really like these BBS CH although i know alot of people do have them but i was just looking for a cheapish set of alloys and these popped up only down the road :D

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Yeah i did like the rs6 but they were too heavy being reps and 19", i prefer 18". Also destroying one of them didnt help lol. Yeah i really like these BBS CH although i know alot of people do have them but i was just looking for a cheapish set of alloys and these popped up only down the road :D

I Like your BBS more, i like the RS6 reps but i reckon the 19's look to big on a Leon and have negative effects on the handling.

When you coming up Ash ? :D

Last edited:

poxxxy

Nice car mate, not sure how you've managed to get through that many clutches. Running 200+ on my golf arl atm on stock clutch and i'm not being conservative on the low down torque either :). 189k miles on it but something may be a miss with it finally. Lost 1st and 2nd gear, fixed that in the box but i've still got nasty noises coming from somewhere down there so i've gotta take the flywheel off and take a look! I had issues with gear selector forks, clutch not disengaging and a few other symptoms at once haha. I'm not far from Shropshire myself so perhaps i'll see this beauty running around somewhere!

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise