a_j_mair

Jun 25, 2006
what car and what is your average MPG

wondering after seeing a few adverts claiming 35mpg etc

i was recently counting petrol reciepts, came to
£220 since 13/7 :-o

normally averaging 25mpg on the trip computer
thtas in cupra R

i drive 20mile round trip to work and back, all country roads 4 miles on dual carrigeway

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
average is usually around 35-40mpg but i dont thrash mine continuously...but the occasional blast down the slip road and then steady at 80 or so

if urs is av 25mpg then either its broke, ur ragging it or u havent reset it in ages!

ur supposed to reset it for different journeys otherwise it wont budge much at all!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
a_j_mair said:
what car and what is your average MPG

wondering after seeing a few adverts claiming 35mpg etc

i was recently counting petrol reciepts, came to
£220 since 13/7 :-o

normally averaging 25mpg on the trip computer
thtas in cupra R

i drive 20mile round trip to work and back, all country roads 4 miles on dual carrigeway

I have got 34MPG before but it was only recently i actually starting looking into that to be honest ;)

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
acidstrato said:
average is usually around 35-40mpg but i dont thrash mine continuously...but the occasional blast down the slip road and then steady at 80 or so

if urs is av 25mpg then either its broke, ur ragging it or u havent reset it in ages!

ur supposed to reset it for different journeys otherwise it wont budge much at all!

I didnt know the average was that high? I also didnt know you were supposed to reset it as i wondered why mine wasnt moving much when i was sat doing about 60mph the other day for about 50 miles

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
There is a real time and average MPG afaik, If you want your average mpg for a journey make sure you reset the trip computer and then check when you arrive at your destination.

Personally i have the outside temp displayed all the time, if i wanted a car that i could watch the MPG on i'd buy a diesel ;)

Mine gets filled when it needs it!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
TimD said:
There is a real time and average MPG afaik, If you want your average mpg for a journey make sure you reset the trip computer and then check when you arrive at your destination.

Personally i have the outside temp displayed all the time, if i wanted a car that i could watch the MPG on i'd buy a diesel ;)

Mine gets filled when it needs it!

Yeah i leave mine on the temperature one too and thats exactly why i havent bothered until recently

I knew it used quite a bit of petrol and so i just fill it up when the light comes on (or before if i can)

a_j_mair

Jun 25, 2006
i reset my rest my trip everytime i fill up just out of interest. i do not mind putting the petrol in it, just think it seems to use alot :|

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
Probably uses the same as it always has, just the pathetic petrol prices we have to pay in the UK thats all.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
so its the other 2 then...either ya cars broke...or u drive it like u stole it

bad mafs have been known to increase fuel consumption

the only other way to do it is to look at ya milege...i.e are u getting no more than 200miles to a full tank as thats roughly what 25mpg would get (give/take)

i can usually see atleast 300miles to a tank pretty easily the way i drive..most iv got from a tank was 340miles i think which included 4 runs at santa pod

Last edited:

a_j_mair

Jun 25, 2006
i have been driving like a grandad for last couple days i mean barely above 60mph on motorway
seems to last alot longer, maybe i just have a heavy right foot

Jonzy

25mpg if im lucky, but i give it death everytime I drive it. As Tim said, if i wanted an econmical car i would have bought a denzil.

Its a performance car, with performance costs.

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
34mpg on a run to and from work 20 mile round trip, mix of dually and town drive!

Noticed with my AC on it dropped 1/2mpg!

I put £30 in a week and usually get about 220miles out of that at 96.9p per litre

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
blackturbo said:
34mpg on a run to and from work 20 mile round trip, mix of dually and town drive!

Noticed with my AC on it dropped 1/2mpg!

I put £30 in a week and usually get about 220miles out of that at 96.9p per litre

Is that Unleaded or Optimax?

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
Sainsburys SUL for me, 97.9p/L

Still a rip off, but it's on my way home from work so they get my business at present.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.