Average MPG

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
a_j_mair said:
the people saying averaging over 40mpg, how do you drive and what roads etc?

Well mines a TDi.. so I'm cheating a bit... lol

But someone said thay they got 59 outta CTR before.. he said it was mainly motorways with at a steady speed and big distances between cars so he didn't brake & speed up as much...

He also did a track the same day... so I'm not too sure he's got his figures right on that..

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
I agree with what TimD was saying. I'm not bothered about mpg, i'll fill my car when it needs it. I had a 1.9TDi before i bought it and my mpg was great, i knew it would be a lot different when i changed

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Big_Lad said:
I agree with what TimD was saying. I'm not bothered about mpg, i'll fill my car when it needs it. I had a 1.9TDi before i bought it and my mpg was great, i knew it would be a lot different when i changed

Yeah im the same it really doesnt bother me, its only recently when someone pointed it out that i looked at it and i look now but it doesnt bother me if i dont go more than 34MPG

Hell, i got 5MPG the other day! Was doing a test ;)

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
blackturbo said:
Well i thought because im down south it would be more expensive than elsewhere! lol

Ha ha! Yeah but there is two Shell garages near me and when i went to both once, one was 101.9 for Optimax and one was 103.9 for Optimax and they are only about six miles apart :shrug:

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
AaronM said:
What sort of miles out fo a full tank are people getting? 230 is the most for me so far!

Its difficut to say as it depends on what type of petrol your getting, how your driving it and if its short or long journeys

I normally fill up with Optimax at the moment and can squeeze £42 in there and probably get about 270 miles but it really depends how i drive her! I can normally do about 70 miles before the needle starts moving if i go straight on the motorway after filling up but if i drive hard or do LOADS of short journeys then it moves before that

I try not to focus on it all too much

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
Big_Lad said:
I'd love to fill my car up with Optimax, but the nearest Shell garage is 30 miles from me. Tesco is nearer so i use their 99 Ron stuff

I don't notice any difference between, Tesco's, Optimax or Ulitmate.. But if I put Sainsbury's high ron in my CTR it's so much nipper... than with any of the others... :confused: