B1 S2 Lambda sensor?

muttly

Oct 1, 2005
Stamford Nr Peterborough
ok wasnt sure weather to post this here or in the VAG COM section!.. but basicaly ive had a piper exhaust fitted at jabba and when i picked it up the engine light apeared

they scanned it n came up wiv this fault

17513 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B1 S2: Heating Circuit Short to Plus

well they said this was the lambda sensor before the CAT and odered a new one and changed it but sed the fault still remained..so they put the old one back in and said they couldnt do anything else really and didnt know wat it was

now ive been doing some searching!.. now i reckon the lambda sensor B1 S2 is the one behind the cat not in front of it!.. so i reckon theyve been trying to change the wrong one!.... can anyone confirm this?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Thats the post sensor, (on the cat). once fitted, clear the code. theres a seelf test via vag to see if it passed

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
recommend dealers- better quality , i bought one from gsf and it mucked up 2months down the line, had it replaced twice. cant be asked now.

muttly

Oct 1, 2005
Stamford Nr Peterborough
check the wiring on the plug hasn't broken before you buy a new one i had this at the weekend on a VW polo...can post pics if you req.

Slightly different code though.....The one i repaired was malfunction in circuit, still worth a check.

yea thanks... good idea ill have a look before ordering one then jus to be sure..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.