Background lighting will not stay on

DMP

Mar 31, 2023
Hi all, I have a 2020 seat leon ehybrid and the background lighting will never seem to stay on??
If i turn the lights on then go into the settings (picture included) i can switch on the door cards (red) and the centre console where you charge your phone (White) and they come on But when you switch off the car it switches the background lighting off so you have to go back into the settings and switch back on everytime you start the car?????

Surely this isnt right? Thought i would check here to see if others have the same issue before i contact seat.

Thanks for any replys in advance (y)

Attachments

• Background lighting.jpg
    Background lighting.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 89

DMP

Mar 31, 2023
Yes mate, same scenario. Have to go into settings to turn it back on again.
so yours does come on everytime headlights come on then
That's the way I assumed it was supposed to work!

Mine must have a fault then :(

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Not sure if it’s with the headlights but I expect it is. Never had to faff around with the menus to bring em on anyway. What software version you on? Might be worth an update?

DMP

Mar 31, 2023
Hmm.. software version 1790 and the dealer was supposed to update it as it freezes sometimes and they lied when it went in :unsure: went in for the battery recall and was supposed to be updated but when I checked last week still 1790

DMP

Mar 31, 2023
i went ouside when it started to get dark and turned it all back on, gave it a hour and went back out to fire her back up......

when you first unlock and get in it both door cards and centre console lit up but when you start car they go off?
then when i turned car off to get out they came back on?

i take it you just start yours at night alex and they stay on when you drive off mate?

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
i went ouside when it started to get dark and turned it all back on, gave it a hour and went back out to fire her back up......

when you first unlock and get in it both door cards and centre console lit up but when you start car they go off?
then when i turned car off to get out they came back on?

i take it you just start yours at night alex and they stay on when you drive off mate?
Just been out in the dark today: tested and the lights come on and off with the headlights.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.