ball joint leaking grease..?

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
my cars in for a service, and i've been told that a ball joint is leaking grease. i'm guessing they will need to replace the ball joint, anyone know how much a ball joint will cost to replace myself? its driver side one. thanks

s20ty c

Sep 5, 2008
lancaster
witch ball joint is it as there is two for the antiroll bar, one for the track rod end, and one for the bottom arm?

s20ty c

Sep 5, 2008
lancaster
well if its the track rod end it quite esay, but you wont be able to do it ur self as it will need the traking doing after ur replace the track rod end.

s20ty c

Sep 5, 2008
lancaster
it should only take abut 25 to 30 mins to do with the tracking and say about £17 for the track rod end. so not that much really.

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
you dont need to do the wheel alignment again if you buy a seat part which i paid 17 plus vat then just back the lock nut a quater turn unscrew your track rod end then screw new one on in same position did mine the other week took 20 mins both sides!!

s20ty c

Sep 5, 2008
lancaster
i would allso recomend to get the tracking done after a new track rod end is fitted a cople of dergres out can make a big diff in tyer wear and the way the car feels!

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
mate if you do it right, have some mechanic knowledge,(how to screw a nut on) there is no need for a wheel align as you are replacing the same part in the same place!!! any isues pm me but it is so straight forward and will see once wheel is off!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members