Belt warning retrofit for front & rear passenger seats ?

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hi everyone,

Only the driver's side belt warning was standard in Leon Mk3 and there was an optional Safety Pack that includes belt warning for front & rear passengers.
I'd like to know if it's possible to retrofit that and what kind of parts & work involved.
Thanks in advance,
Serdar

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I had posted the message above long time ago. In the meantime I researched a little more and discovered that there was never a rear seat belt reminder feature available for the Leon 5F range, because there are no rear seat occupancy sensor parts in the official parts catalogue. The sales brochure for the model year 2018 listed this feature for front & rear but now it seems that it is wrong. The only occupany sensor part available in the catalogue is for the front passenger seat, and it seems that the car comes with it activated only if the optional Safety Pack is purchased. (That pack also includes the Tiredness Recognition System.) Another discovery I made is that, in the catalogue the passenger seat occupancy sensor is not shown as dependent to an option package, as if it is included in all cars. Now I'm thinking, could it be already there, just waiting to be activated via coding? Any info or comment on that will be greatly appreciated.

P.S: I already purchased Tiredness Recognition System from a SEAT dealer and got it activated after I bought the car in 2021. Maybe the passenger seat belt reminder activation is also tied to that, considering that SEAT was offering both features together as an option pack then.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I have a 2014 model and it does both front and back seat warnings.

Thanks for the response.
It is interesting because there are no rear seat occupancy sensor parts shown in the official parts catalogue.
I'd be very happy when I solve this mystery.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Both my previous 2014 SE Tech 1.6TDI hatch and my current 2019 SE Dynamic 2.0TDI estate have driver and front passenger sensors, but nothing in the rear - both UK spec vehicles

Last edited:
Reactions: serdar_18fr

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
@serdar_18fr .......this option certainly was fitted in some Leons - this is from the 2018 edition of the UK Leon handbook

Attachments

• Screenshot (131).png
    Screenshot (131).png
    105 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot (132).png
    Screenshot (132).png
    158.5 KB · Views: 50

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
I would say that the first owner specified the safety pack when they ordered it, unless it was a dealer demo model which often came with almost full spec.

Got the motor from Letchworth less than one year old (it was ex SEAT Head Office) so it was high spec i suspect.

Reactions: Walone

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
There's nothing at all on ETKA about even the drivers seat sensor, let alone front passenger. And certainly nothing listed for rears

No sensor on driver's seat, it works via contact in buckle.
There's a sensor part for the front passenger seat though.
Part number is 5G6963553.
I saw this in ETKA (Electrics section), next time I'll get a screenshot.

Edit: When I looked for Leon 5F, the part I mentioned above seems independent from any option pack, I mean there is no option code next to it. But when I looked for Golf 7, which uses the same parts, I saw that the front passenger sensor part is shown as part of the option 9P3. 9Px is used for seat belt feature and that code for my car is 9P1, probably the most basic one with only driver's side seat belt warning. You and other Leon owners who have passenger side warning in their cars should have 9P3, I guess.

Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow

Edit: When I looked for Leon 5F, the part I mentioned above seems independent from any option pack, I mean there is no option code next to it. But when I looked for Golf 7, which uses the same parts, I saw that the front passenger sensor part is shown as part of the option 9P3. 9Px is used for seat belt feature and that code for my car is 9P1, probably the most basic one with only driver's side seat belt warning. You and other Leon owners who have passenger side warning in their cars should have 9P3, I guess.
I'm pretty sure there should be a sensor in both front seats plus the contacts in the belt buckles, otherwise how would it sense anyone on the seats?

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I'm pretty sure there should be a sensor in both front seats plus the contacts in the belt buckles, otherwise how would it sense anyone on the seats?

Driver is assumed present always so there is no need for a weight sensor there.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
When you say 9P? would I find that on the boot sticker as minde does not have it from memory but I will double check in the morning

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire

There certainly is a sensor on both front passenger AND driver's seat on both my current and previous Leons.
Neither the previous one (2014 SE Tech) nor the current one (2019 SE Dynamic) have any option code 9P* on the data label

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
When you say 9P? would I find that on the boot sticker as minde does not have it from memory but I will double check in the morning

Most probably you won't find it there.
Boot sticker does not have all the feature codes on it.
It shows only some of them, I don't know how factory chooses which ones to include.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Most probably you won't find it there.
Boot sticker does not have all the feature codes on it.
It shows only some of them, I don't know how factory chooses which ones to include.
OK That makes sense as I can't see it on the sticker, Can I see it on ERWIN or anywhere else for that matter.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise