Belt warning retrofit for front & rear passenger seats ?

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
There certainly is a sensor on both front passenger AND driver's seat on both my current and previous Leons.
Neither the previous one (2014 SE Tech) nor the current one (2019 SE Dynamic) have any option code 9P* on the data label

As I replied to @tracktoy in my previous post, the data label does not include all the feature codes, just some selected ones. The full list of codes can be obtained from Erwin using car's VIN. I'm pretty sure that seat belt option code isn't included in the data label.

As for the sensors in front seats, it would be great if you could take a look under your front passenger seat first, then driver's seat. There should be a cable from sensor connected to the seat wiring loom, with a 2-pin blue connector.

Today I checked the passenger side of my car and saw the wiring loom under the seat and two cables connected to it, one from the seat base heater pad and the other from the backrest heater pad. There was no blue connector obviously. I'm going to check driver's side tomorrow.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Yes you can.
I was just telling @LeylandVCDS, in my previous post, that one can obtain the full feature code list of the car from Erwin.
Well I tried and got this error message when selecting Vehicle-specific information

It is not possible to call up vehicle data. Please contact your workshop or the importer responsible for your market if you require further information.​

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Well I tried and got this error message when selecting Vehicle-specific information

It is not possible to call up vehicle data. Please contact your workshop or the importer responsible for your market if you require further information.​

I've got a full list of codes for my car, taken from Erwin sometime two years ago.
I wonder if they turned off that feature on the website.
I'll be checking that when I have time.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
I've got a full list of codes for my car, taken from Erwin sometime two years ago.
I wonder if they turned off that feature on the website.
I'll be checking that when I have time.
Thanks if you can get it let me know how you did it, Not sure if it makes any difference but i am signed up as a owner not a garage.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Thanks if you can get it let me know how you did it, Not sure if it makes any difference but i am signed up as a owner not a garage.

I have just logged in the Erwin and I got the same message.
I just checked my files, it was operational in June 2021 and I had downloaded & saved my car's full PR list.
Now I sent a message to Erwin admins asking why it's not working, let's hope that I'd get a meaningful response.

przebiegly

Sep 4, 2021
Poland

Attachments

• rear-belt-switch.png
    rear-belt-switch.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 49

przebiegly

Sep 4, 2021
Poland
there are no sensors in the rear seat. they are only in seat belt buckles. If one of the rear passengers unfastens their seat belt while driving, appropriate information will appear on the dashboard

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
there are no sensors in the rear seat. they are only in seat belt buckles. If one of the rear passengers unfastens their seat belt while driving, appropriate information will appear on the dashboard

If rear belt warning system works via contacts in buckles only, I guess the system assumes that the rear passengers fasten their belts before the car starts moving and only gives a warning when belts are unfastened on the way. SEAT was using the "seat belt reminder" name for the feature but if this is the way it works, we can't say it is a reminder. Unless there's a weight sensor in the seat, it can't "remind" the passengers to fasten their belts.

przebiegly

Sep 4, 2021
Poland
That's right. the reminder only works for the front seats - of course, it can be recoded (driver + passenger / driver only), hence, after turning on the ignition, information about the rear seat appears for a long time because the driver is responsible for the rear passengers to remind them to fasten their seat belts and you can see for yourself who fastened and who didn't

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
That's right. the reminder only works for the front seats - of course, it can be recoded (driver + passenger / driver only), hence, after turning on the ignition, information about the rear seat appears for a long time because the driver is responsible for the rear passengers to remind them to fasten their seat belts and you can see for yourself who fastened and who didn't

I gather that it should be possible to retrofit the car with rear seat belt warning system using the buckles with contacts, cabling from buckles to airbag control system and some coding of course. Sometimes manufacturers use the full wiring loom for higher spec cars so correct wiring loom and connectors might be already available in the car, it would be a good start to check this first for a retrofitting work.

przebiegly

Sep 4, 2021
Poland
I think it can be done without any problems. you need a diagram, seat belt buckles with sensors, some cables, coding and ready / and of course find time to do it :D don't count on the fact that there will be cables if this option is not currently in the car - these are not the times when the manufacturer put in cables for the car as for full equipment ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.