Bocanegra production

M12ETM

Dec 11, 2009
Luton
I went into my dealer today to speak to them about my car and give them the V70 for my number plate and they said production of the Bocanegra is going to be stopped soon in order to keep it exclusivity...?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
That's interesting. M1 told me that they have been told not to sell any morebocs or cupras eiher. Their total allotment for the year has already been sold so this could be interesting. Thank goodness mine wll be here at some point next month!!!

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
I think thats good news & keeps them a rareish sight on our roads...

Plus mines sat at the docks waiting to be shipped over, phew :D

Busta

Sep 13, 2009
This forum is full with Boca and CUPRA owners...come ooooon...

I feel like having old Ford when seeing your SEATs :)))) :lol:

Anyway...

I think all the sold BOCs and CUPRAs are in this forum :))))

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
The only reason they'll stop is if they can't sell them (or a design change)

They won't care about exclusivity etc

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
It has something to do with production numbers. They are limiting numbers drastically for dealerships I have been told.

mainaman

Feb 19, 2010
London
When i ordered my Cupra two weeks ago I was told that the annual UK allocation was 500 cars,are they sold out already or are there other factors?

In any case i wouldn't believe any rumours they are not selling well...

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I know we are waiting on two Cupras and one Boca for demo, all have gone missing apparently (more the likely been allocated elsewhere).

Too this date the only ones we have had are my Boca and our demo FR.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
My Stealers had 1 demo which was a Red Boc, apparently going to the Stealers owners wife after. They had an FR in the showroom and I was the lucky person who snapped up their 3rd Boc. The demo Boc arrived first about a fortnight before mine and then I was one of the first to privately own a Boc. I know they have sold 3 Cupra's too, I think someone on this forum has 1 of them, can't remember who.

I heard that Seat were only doing 1000 Bocanegra's a year in total and only about 300 a year were hitting British shores.

ED

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
If they were desperate to off load it Im suprised they havent transfered it.

Mind you SEAT may well be requesting they keep it on demo.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Makes me wanna cry knowing that down there is a Boc sitting there waiting to be appreciated. LOL. If I didn't have a Boc, I would have had a Leon MK2 TDI, either way it would have been a Seat.

ED

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
If they were desperate to off load it Im suprised they havent transfered it.

Mind you SEAT may well be requesting they keep it on demo.

Think they have to keep it for demo/show purposes! I can guarantee you they were able to swap it for an oiler they would have!! Dont want to offend anyone but whats the big deal with the Boc anyway - its an 18k (mega overpriced) Ibiza with a black front to me!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Mine wasnt 18k..lol

(start at 16.5k list anyhow)

Personally for me it feels a bit special, its top of the line for the size of car I wanted. Its fast enough for me and looks the part. Interior is a nice place to be and it has all the important VAG toys that used to be reserved for the Audis and the like.

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Like I said, didnt mean to offend anyone....:whistle: Anyway, I think the Skoda Yeti is a cool bit of kit so what do I know!!!!:lol: I suppose the same can be said for any car regardless of make when you buy the top model (spec). One good thing though for you guys who've bought one, they'll be pretty exclusive - which is always a nice thing! :thumbup:

Last edited:

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
there is a Dakota Red boc in Barlows Wolvo unsold.. Still has the price tag on etc.. U should get on the blower techie lol. Wolves has robbed it :p but nah, would be a shame if they stopped it so soon :( on the other hand, you guys that have one will benfit off it. Come sell time, etc and exclusitivity for the now :D

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I believe M1 still has the red demo there. Could be worth while checking with them if anyone is after one. Not too sure though as I have not been in contact with them for a while now. Decided to give them a break after badgering them all the time for info on mine, besides I expect a call from them in say the next 3 weeks to tell me my boc has finally arrived.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.