brake pads moving

glenryck

Hello all after having a look at a knocking noise from the front of my lcr and asking anyone for an answer, it is the front pads moving very slightly in the calipers so it knocks when brakeing in reverse and the the fisrt touch when going forward thanks to the A M D chap you were spot on cheers.

glenryck

not sure who it was who replied from A M D it might have been you ???? thanks?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
i noticed they are silent compared with mintex which were a bit clickety click!

R Power

R Power
May 19, 2008
Coventry
hmmmm, i have got ferodo ds2500's in at the moment, and i still get a knocking noise? from going into reverse to moving forward a little, and vice versa. Also when slowing down at low speed i can hear a knock.

glenryck

i thouhght the same thing when i brought mine last mounth it was facing the right way to drive of, only noticed after a 150 mile trip home when i reversed on the drive then pulled up to park. At least it is a quick fix cheers all.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Sorry it's been a long day :redface:

There is a metel spring plate that hock in behind the pinns, it helps to push the pads into the caliper.

When I fitted my DS2500 thay went into the caliper a lot tighter than the old one's.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Na.
In the mouth of the calliper where the pad slides back and forth there is a metal insert
And no I don't need a metal insert for my willy, not yet anyway, lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.