Breakers near Glasgow

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Looking for decent car breakers near Glasgow.

My front offside wing has some rust bubbles on the arch. Trying to fix it is a waste of time as the rust will just come back through. Rather than buy a new wing, I'm thinking that if I can find a wing the same colour I can just replace it without having to paint it. Good idea?

Reactions: chroniclesofcf

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
There can always be a slight variation in the paint colours due to the environmental conditions or differences in care/treatment applied. However, with a bit of paint correction it wil be good enough for most people.

If you are buying the part from a professional salvage/breakers it will be in their best interest for the part to arrive in a good condition otherwise you can send it back.

chroniclesofcf

Mar 3, 2022
Paisley, Renfrewshire.
Looking for decent car breakers near Glasgow.

My front offside wing has some rust bubbles on the arch. Trying to fix it is a waste of time as the rust will just come back through. Rather than buy a new wing, I'm thinking that if I can find a wing the same colour I can just replace it without having to paint it. Good idea?
I'd also be keen on knowing if there's a breakers near Glasgow 👀

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I phoned a couple yesterday but no joy. They didn't even have any Seats. These bits must be somewhere? Crashed cars don't just evaporate.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
What colour?

Look on auction sites 'seat Leon mk3 breaking' - there are loads. Long gone are the days of stripping the part from the scrappy locally - distance selling regulations via the auction sites provide the guarantee to ensure you can return it if not happy.

Reactions: Mr Pig
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.