bridgestone to avon

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
i aint that rich these days as other things are taking priority thanks to her indoors. so i have changed my bald bridgestone potenza's for some avon zz3's. it was a close call between these and falken fk's but i was advised at the tyre place that these are better. considering the best tyres i have ever owned were a set of ultrac sessenta's, i am a firm believer that the most expensive tyre is never the best so i will be letting you no how i get on with these and how they compare to the bridgestone's and pzero's ive had in the past as i no tyre choices are often heated debates on this site. :)

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
well had them on a few days, not really given them any beans but initial thoughts are good, grounds a bit wet but they have felt good, and strangley at slow speeds they seems to turn easier, might be because they are directional

Sep 19, 2010
Glasgow
The new Avons zz5 are supposed to be really good and aren't to dear worth a punt.....i wasn't a lover of the zz3 i had on a previous car tbh!

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
I'm after new tyres and thinking about falkens,kumho or avon don't know what to go for ...

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
The new Avons zz5 are supposed to be really good and aren't to dear worth a punt.....i wasn't a lover of the zz3 i had on a previous car tbh!

ahhh dont tell me ive bought the wrong bloody avon's lol oh well as the mrs says, the ZZ3's have a cuter tyre pattern, so what else could matter :D

vincent5525

Mechanic
Jul 2, 2011
uk, sheffield
Im getting ready for a new set of fronts, and have looked at the avons. Ill be intrested to see how you get on. Craig is right the zz5's are the newer version and are only slightly more expensive. I also like the fact they are british.

SmokeyStoke

Becky winked at me again!
Aug 27, 2011
a non Seat car, on here! Get your pitchforks out lads :)

Is it FWD, i only ask as im sure its a different feel with AWD?

haha, I have put a deposit on a Leon!:D yes, FWD, at the moment I have the Avons on the rear, Kumho's on the front, like them both, I think the Avon's are quiter

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.