Built in Navigation & intelligent hybrid

Mar 8, 2024
Ive not long got my Formentor hybrid 245 and wondering if anyone can advise on the intelligent hybrid for route guidance.

What is intelligent hybrid actually doing over setting a route and going and is it better than using Google Maps (other than being able to view the maps on the dashboard)

Cheers guys

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Ive not long got my Formentor hybrid 245 and wondering if anyone can advise on the intelligent hybrid for route guidance.

What is intelligent hybrid actually doing over setting a route and going and is it better than using Google Maps (other than being able to view the maps on the dashboard)

Cheers guys
My understanding is that it looks at your route and tries to keep battery for you return journey by recuperating at junctions and roundabouts etc. Android auto with google maps does look better than the built in nav but alas my phone is crap and doesn't support AA so I'm stuck

Mar 8, 2024
Thanks Richie
So by recuperating at junctions & roundabouts is this doing this through engine recoup or braking?

This is my 1st Cupra & 1st Hybrid - so far im mega happy. Had a Golf GTi mk7.5 before, i thought i would miss it, not one bit, i like that this has 2 personalities, not as mad as a 310 would be but still decent enough.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Thanks Richie
So by recuperating at junctions & roundabouts is this doing this through engine recoup or braking?

This is my 1st Cupra & 1st Hybrid - so far im mega happy. Had a Golf GTi mk7.5 before, i thought i would miss it, not one bit, i like that this has 2 personalities, not as mad as a 310 would be but still decent enough.
Now that is something I'm not entirely sure about. I think it recuperates using braking unless you tell it to do engine by using the little slider thing in the battery menu. I have had my 245 hybrid leon since November and still trying to figure out what it does!!

You're right about the 2 personalities...perfectly normal and sedate in comfort and then a hooligan in cupra mode. Lot's of smiles per hour!!

Mar 8, 2024
Now that is something I'm not entirely sure about. I think it recuperates using braking unless you tell it to do engine by using the little slider thing in the battery menu. I have had my 245 hybrid leon since November and still trying to figure out what it does!!

You're right about the 2 personalities...perfectly normal and sedate in comfort and then a hooligan in cupra mode. Lot's of smiles per hour!!
I love it, my Golf GTi wanted the revs all the time and if she asked I obviously gave it. I love how sedate the Cupra is and still enjoyable. I was debating the Leon but wanted something different.
Cheers for the replies Richie, I will keep playing about and if i find anything out ill report back.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
I love it, my Golf GTi wanted the revs all the time and if she asked I obviously gave it. I love how sedate the Cupra is and still enjoyable. I was debating the Leon but wanted something different.
Cheers for the replies Richie, I will keep playing about and if i find anything out ill report back.
The manual isn't much help - there are members on here that have had the tech for a lot longer and I'm sure they'll be able to offer their guidance. I'm actually trying to keep track of how much electricity and petrol I use this month to try to work out an actual cost per mile. Having to use public chargers as we don't have a drive and one of my neighbours is a plonker who likes to call the police when I park it in a shared lane to charge (let's not talk about him washing his 3 cars for longer than my car was there...)
Happy motoring!

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I think it regens (braking) normally, but I don’t think it deploys the EV boost or EV mode as much, enabling it to eke out the battery until you return home.

I haven't found it tremendously useful as all the times and miles to go are related to getting home, not your actual destination. You can’t use Waze or another SatNav app for the ‘actual’ routing as they cancel the previous set route in the other system.

Mar 8, 2024
That is interesting, I have a long 500mile trip coming up in a couple of months, will see if I can get a decent MPG out of it.
My trips to work & home are returning ridiculous figures. 135mpg to work & anywhere between 150-200 on my return. My work is 22miles away.
I have a very hilly drive so I can gain 2 miles in EV on both trips on high regen. This car has really changed my driving style.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Make sure you also include electricity use and not just fuel.

A better metric than mpg for these cars is miles per £, to include battery and fuel use
That's exactly what I'm trying to do this month - even got a little spreadsheet going! I'll share my findings at the end of the month!

Reactions: LetsForment
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise