Can't activate some features of my 2021 FR on the touchscreen

Metalogic

Mar 11, 2024
Oxford, UK
So I collected my new (to me) 2021 Ibiza FR today, mostly it's all good, it drives very nicely, but I've been having some difficulties activating some features my car has through the touchscreen. The main things that I it doesn't let me activate (though I see the options listed) are the heated wing mirrors (which my FR is meant to have) and the locking functionality - the latter is particularly frustrating as the central locking button on the key will only unlock the driver's door currently... There are a few other things it won't let be activate too, Any ideas why it won't let me activate these options?

NB: I have created a SEAT ID account and am logged into that and set it as the primary user, and opened up the privacy settings. I can connect to the screen via the SEAT Connect app on my Android phone and Android Auto also works. The touchscreen was also able to do an over the air software update., though I don't know what firmware the screen is on,

Metalogic

Mar 11, 2024
Oxford, UK
The main things that I it doesn't let me activate (though I see the options listed) are the heated wing mirrors (which my FR is meant to have) and the locking functionality - the latter is particularly frustrating as the central locking button on the key will only unlock the driver's door currently...

Well I figured out the central unlocking at least - so if I just click the unlock button on the remote once, it just unlocks the drivers door, if I click the button twice in quick succession it unlocks ALL doors, as well as the boot. I guess that makes sense, as most the time you probably only need to unlock the driver's door.

Still haven't been able to activate the heated wing mirrors, though, which is something my Ibiza FR model is meant to have as standard, according to catalogues from the time...

Also I don't seem to have wireless phone charging, though it's possible that may have only been added to later models (it's not mentioned in the catalogues).

Well I figured out the central unlocking at least - so if I just click the unlock button on the remote once, it just unlocks the drivers door, if I click the button twice in quick succession it unlocks ALL doors, as well as the boot. I guess that makes sense, as most the time you probably only need to unlock the driver's door.

Still haven't been able to activate the heated wing mirrors, though, which is something my Ibiza FR model is meant to have as standard, according to catalogues from the time...

Also I don't seem to have wireless phone charging, though it's possible that may have only been added to later models (it's not mentioned in the catalogues).
Does your mirror switch have an option for heat? If not, you don't have heated mirrors

If it does, switch it to the heat position and they'll heat

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.