Car is pulling to the left.

CrossyR

Hi, Im Ron Burgundy
Sep 13, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I have a PD130 Ibiza i have recently fitted coilovers too. I needed the tracking done previous to fitting so i got it done today. Its make very little difference. If, say, one of the front coilovers was lower than the other side would this cause the car to drift to one side?

Crossy

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
Mine doesn't and never has :D I can let go of my steering wheel on a motorway and it will stay straight and true.
I've got a good one then yeah?

I also don't have any of these annoying interior rattles.
I only get the rattle from the window motors when the windows are down. But thats only from my speakers vibrating.
I also have no problem with my rear washer pipe.
No random clunking when full lock and reversing.
No issues with the engine.
BTW this is an 06, 1.4 sport.

TBH it sounds like a power steering fault. Maybe the motor?
Seat should have sorted it.

Last edited:

CrossyR

Hi, Im Ron Burgundy
Sep 13, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Just fitted coiklovers with a set of Genuine new strut mounts inc bearings.. definetly not them. Gonna measure up the drop on both sides and get them exact before i go any deeper into the problem.

Makey_FR

Dec 31, 2008
just dropped mine on coilovers the past few weeks, get your tracking done again, something wont be right providing all your top mounts are sound, and there is little play in your bushes, if you have voided ones in the front still, think about putting the solid cupra ones in, i have in mine and it cured the pulling to the left problem, it does pull to the left still, torque steer of corse ;) also if you put bushes in, get it tracked after you have done them, as it will send it out again. also let your coilovers settle and bed in for a few hundred miles, then get your tracking checked once again, i can guarantee it will be 1 degree out, and after a week will be another half a degree out once bedded in. hope it helps!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.