Cheapest place to buy a Cupra

HellFire

I want to get my hands on a Cupra asap. I am torn between the PD160/1.8T.

Logic would say get the PD160, get a full milltek system, green filter and remap it to see a genuine 200 bhp, my Fabia vRS with smaller turbo/side mounted intercooler is 195 bhp on a good day/correct rolling road ;) so can't see the magical 200 bhp being that hard to reach.

The other option is to get the older 1.8T engine, although it has been superseeded now by the new 2.0 T FSI, it's bulletproof and for not much ££££ I can see 220-250 bhp.

Where can I get them from the cheapest, online or through my dealer. And what options can be specified?

S13

May 9, 2006
HellFire said:
....my Fabia vRS with smaller turbo/side mounted intercooler is 195 bhp on a good day/correct rolling road ;)
QUOTE]

Is that with a remap alone!? Or have you got any other mods?

Have you noticed any problems with the clutch / reliability etc?

Cheers

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
I was in Listers in Coventry getting my service book stamped and they have got an un-registered Cupra in Black sat in the show room priced at just under 12,000 pounds.

I'm sure you could haggle a grand of that, as I got well over a grand off mine when I bought it from them 1,1/2 years ago. Just don't take no for an answer!!!

They will also chip it to the max for you for about another 300-400 pounds.
PS They have got a 275BHP new shape LEON in as well!!!!! (they chipped it)

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
I know it's funny people thinking 195bhp from the 130 briskoda people swear by it but i don't see it,

175-180 max on a cold day!!

get the 160 you'll be crying at the fuel bills after the vrs if you get the 1.8T

unless fuel bills don't matter then get the petrol!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise