Cheapest way to upgrade to 18s

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
I currently have 17s on my FR and want to upgrade (probably to andromeda or orion alloys).

I need them sharpish as i'm due some new front tyres. What's the cheapest way of doing it? Seems nothing about second hand.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
I currently have 17s on my FR and want to upgrade (probably to andromeda or orion alloys).

I need them sharpish as i'm due some new front tyres. What's the cheapest way of doing it? Seems nothing about second hand.

Cheapest way? Get a White marker and write "18"" over the "17" on the tyre wall. Or wait for a set of original wheels on Ebay?

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site

How about something really original like posting up a wanted ad on a SEAT forum (assuming you haven't done this already?)
If you are tight for cash then just state in the ad that you are and that you would consider ones that need a bit of tidying which you can do when you have more ££ available.

There are always people with bits sitting around in their sheds that haven't got round to advertising them, and if you're willing to put yourself out a bit to go and collect them you may turn up a bargain.

HTH

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
Get some Team dynamic pro race 1.2's

They are cheap - Approx £450 for wheels.
They are strong - used on SEAT Leon BTCC cars
They are light - 9kg for 18's
They come in a choice of colours

[B)]

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
Get some Team dynamic pro race 1.2's

They are cheap - Approx £450 for wheels.
They are strong - used on SEAT Leon BTCC cars
They are light - 9kg for 18's
They come in a choice of colours

[B)]

If the OP hadn't said he preferred original SEAT wheels I'd have suggested those too.
I've got a set of 16''ers on my Ibiza and would have got a set for my last Golf too had my BBSs not landed in my lap.

I notice a lot of VW cup cars are running 1.2's now as well instead of the predominance of BBSs.
MikeTFSI has a set on his Cupra I think, from memory and a few others too. They suit the Leon well.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.