Clay Bar

The Doc Power

Was just looking at the meguiars quik bar
WEhats the story with this stuff? How long does it last or is it use it once and throw it away?
Alsoo is the a Bulk buy of it?

Thanks in advance
Doc

minxycov

lasts a while....my butler has cleaned my car a few times with it... (actually think i had it a year) you just knead the clay to expose a clean patch each time - it's very good and makes your car uber smooth :)

Triple D

How would you know what to do? you have never even cleaned a car. So your advice may be correct, but coming from you its useless :p

Triple D

Ermmm honey, dont be nasty, or i will post a certain web page up on a different thread :p a sertain picture of you recently

gazjones

lol spanny
ive got one the clay out last the spray by miles you could probable do your car about 4 or 5 times with one bar and does leave your car very smooth and a good start for building up layers of polish sealer and wax!

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
I only use the clay once on a car, and its binned after that. Using the clay when its contamintated will result in either mirring, or possible scratching.

I do suppose it depends on how the clay is fairing, and most cars I do leave the clay to the point of no return.

Try to cut the clay into three pieces to allow you to use one piece on the really bad bits (usually rear panel, lower sills etc)

Ralph007

Oct 16, 2005
Yeah good one finerdetails!!

I was actually going to post on my own thread but as someone is chatting about it i will ask here!!!!

My mahoosive order of valeting goodies arrives tomorrow and i anticipate a marathon cleaning session (which will be photographed!!!)

Some advice on applying the clay bar and how long for it to stay on would be good - also the clay bar Megs sell comes with some sort of spray - any ideas???

Ralph007

Ralph007

Oct 16, 2005
Top man!!! Shame on me.........

Sounds lengthy process best set aside a full day!!!!

Ralph

gazjones

i was meaning i dont use the full clay bar each time just take of a small bit as ive never managed to take anything off my paint work worth writing home about! but yes dont use the same bit again!

bigbadben

Top man!!! Shame on me.........

Sounds lengthy process best set aside a full day!!!!

Ralph

It does take about 4-5 hours to 'properly' detail a car (rinse/ shampoo/ rinse/ chamois/ claybar/ rinse/ wax/ glaze) but the results are really worth it. Especially on a black car - My old S2000 looked beautiful when it had been properly detailed...

Will post some pics when i get my $hit together... :)

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
It does take about 4-5 hours to 'properly' detail a car (rinse/ shampoo/ rinse/ chamois/ claybar/ rinse/ wax/ glaze) but the results are really worth it. Especially on a black car - My old S2000 looked beautiful when it had been properly detailed...

Will post some pics when i get my $hit together... :)

Got to agree here. A proper wash and dry with the pressure washer takes me over an hour.

If your paintwork is in bad nick and needs deswirling then wash / clay / cleanse / deswirl / polish / glaze / seal / wax will easily take 8hrs+

Last weekend I washed and waxed mine, applied wheel sealant to the rims and tyre gel to the tyres and at the end of it I'd used 2 washmitts, 2 drying towels, 11 towels and 2 microfibre applicator pads and binned a foam applicator pad (if anyone knows a way of washing out Megs Endurance Tyre Gel, let me know...)

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
got myself a clay bar today

i tried it out on half the bonnet tonight seems to make a big difference it was nice and smooth afterwords

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
....if anyone knows a way of washing out Megs Endurance Tyre Gel, let me know...

Tyre gel in general is a nightmare to wash out, it must be the silicone.

I just use a cheap MF to apply, use it a few times and then bin it.

I suppose heavy duty kitchen roll would probably do for applying product to tyres though?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.