clutch release noise

fordgt40

I've done 700 miles in my new Cupra K1 and in all that time it's made a slight noise on the clutch at the top of the release. When stationary and out of gear, if I just blip the throtle, no noise, when I just touch the clutch and blip the thottle there is a rattle of a noise, it sounds to me like a clutch release bearing but the dealer says it has something to do with the dual mass flywheel and is quite normal on this model, but it appears to be getting worse. What could it be?

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
I think there was another thread in relation to this, use the search fucntion which highlighted something was loose. I am thinking my dealer realised this and sorted it, but then again all mechanics are like robots these days so maybe it just went away. who knows!

fordgt40

The car is going in to the dealer in a couple of days for the usual dashboard rattle problems to be sorted out and to have a look at the clutch noise again, Ill be very interested to see what happens. I've been told I'll be allowed to try a car they have in stock to see if it does the the same noise, I'll keep you posted.

I,ve owned lots of road cars in the past,so I have a fair idea what's what, I've owned Porsche 911,'s, Ferrari's, (all of which have the dual mass flywheel and no noise), my last road car was a Subaru WRX STI (320 BHP ) dual mass flywheel again no noise, which was fantastic but my wife, in her wisdom thought it was too fast and 'we' should be more sensible, so I've comprimised and got the K1, nice car but not sure it was the right decision.

My play thing now is a Ford GT 40 ( original ) which makes all the right noises and is incredibly fast, on the track of course.

fordgt40

Just got the car back from the dealers they say nothing is wrong regarding noise with clutch/flywheel, still not convinced, also wouldn't let me try their car to see if it did the same noise, reason being that I didn't get my car from them.

Dashboard rattle has been sorted but bluetooth has now stopped working, it worked for about 10 mins. then lost connection, I've tried to reconnect without success, back to the dealer tomorrow. Not very happy.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members