Coilpack wont stay put...

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Right since ive had my remap done one of my coilpacks wont stay put it keeps poping up a bit...

It still runs on four cylinders and i get no eml's but it doesnt boost as high dv is a lot more quiet and so is the exhaust so i can tell when it happends...

obviously not the best thing for the car so ive done a quick tesco style mod with a bit of metal to hold it down for the moment untill i can sort it properly...

Im sure ive read before theres a company who sells some type of bracket to hold the coilpacks for this purpose but ive no idea of where/who they are or how much...

Or is it cheaper to just make my own...

can anyone point me in the right direction please...

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
lol what a waste of money those things are just cut a v out of the fins with a stanley knife job done lets the gases out that build up, watch those pinkys though!!!

jamiebennett81

get the Hitachi bolt down ones

£29.99 from a dealer, and will keep them in

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
so cut a "V" out of the rubber fins that go all the way around the side of the coilpack how much are we talking about cutting a few mm or so i havent really had time to have a proper look at the moment...

will prob give that a go see how it fares...

Do still like the look of the brackets from awsome but cant justify £45 if its just to "look nice" and not needed...

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
yeah and once you have done that, make sure the whole are is clear from grease on both the rockercover and coils
!!!!!1

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.