completely stumped. annoying squeek :0(

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
Hi Guys I'm in need of some help to cure a squeek thats driving me up the wall.

I've had the problem for months but can't take it anymore :( basically everytime I drive over uneven road surfaces I get a squeek that sounds like a squeeky bed spring.

I firstly thought it was the ARB bushes as I upgraded them to powerflex ones and it sounds like polyurethene rubbing on metal, however I've sprayed them thoroughly with grease and the sounds still there. The squeeking seems to be coming from the front end but it's difficult to tell when driving with the window down.

I've also greased the wishbone bushes and checked the exhaust but all seems ok :confused:

I had the problem before getting the Koni fsd's fitted and hoped they would cure it but its still the same so that eliminates it being the top mounts or shocks.

The squeeking stops when driving in the rain so I'm thinking it must be a dry bush somewhere???

Anyone had a similar problem or any ideas :help:

Nov 28, 2006
I had a very similar squeak on my LCR. I can't remember if it was better or worse when it rained but it sounded like a bad spring and was really noisy over speed bumps. It was under warranty but SEAT had it twice and couldn't find a problem.

In the end I replaced the front ARB with a thicker Neuspeed item (which I was going to do anyway) and the squeak went away and hasn't ever come back.

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I was pretty convinced it was an ARB bush issue but spraying the bushes seems to make no difference. Maybe i'm not getting the grease into the bushes.

Is it possible to loosen the bushes easily and get some proper grease under them?

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
I had the same prob. It turned out to be a crack in the front arb. The plastic sleeve that goes over arb by the nsf mounting bush had given up the ghost and rub on the arb which caused it to crack.

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
That sounds like it could well be the problem. think I'll get it up on lift and have a good look around. If the ARB is screwed It'll give me a perfect excuse to fit a pair of neuspeeds ;)