Crezzy's Mk2 Ibiza Cupra Sport GTi 16v THE END, CRANK gone

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
It's got tiger stripe interior and some big brakes, AP i think so those would probably get your money back and you'd have an effectively free new engine. I will speak to him and get you his number so you can see what he says.

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
i didnt really ever want my self in this postion again tho! how and why the heck would it happen to the same person twice!

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Gutted to hear this mate. :(. You spent such a lot getting the engine fixed and looking great.

Like everyone else says, dont break it as it is too good and rare to break.

Getting a replacement engine would be a better idea. I would go back to the engineering company and have a word and see what they say about it.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Sorry to hear this fella! But it's a sign to fit a 20vT lump! :)

You can't sell it, there isn't many clean mk2's about anymore!

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
well i honestly have had enough of it now tho, ive just wrote an add to break it, i dont have the money to do anything with it, not with mortgage ect, ive tallied up what the bits should fetch, and what the car would fetch and theres more to be made in bits..

all i can say is thank fook this happened now and not next month, a deal was being made for respray and throttle bodies.

i would like to keep it and 20valve it but havent got the money for this. and im pissed right off with it

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
well went to see the engineering place to see what they have to say, they dont really want to do anything about it, the industrial estate we are on are all quite shocked by this, the chap i know that works there thought they they would of put it right, but no, so cheers :D

they believe that the crank is faulty, and probably has been since factory, so without having the engine taken out and stripped we wont know for deffo, but they would have to xray the crank to see, so its not cost effective so its addios pedro the ibiza. the car will now be stripped for parts,

a hugely sad day

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
tis a shame, but it really is not the best thig cost wise, but its only the crank thats shagged so the head and everything is perfect since rebuild, rocker cover and inlet mannifold can be bolted onto somebody else to have the same looking engine ;) il give you a pm mike, infact anybody interested in anything keep to pm's cheers

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Sam, I'm so gutted, I don't wanna know how you feel mate, have a man-hug

Sad day tbh! One my fav. Mk2's, I ain't gonna lie :(

Hope it gets taken as a whole by someone, and rectified!!!

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
its a tough choice im making but, even if i get another abf engine for cheap it aint really going to add any more money to the value of the car, i might aswell sell the other parts i have and try break even, you can pick up a complete valver for £900 now so worth feck all.. im still going try get something from the machine shop, not impressed at all

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
too tidy to die dude but i know how u feel, my old nails been sat on drive for 12 months as I can't be arsed to sort it out - too much time and money wasted on it as you say not worth it in long run - seems all or nothing

what happened or happening with the bottom end ? if it's dried up and ripped the bearings up be worth having the sump/caps off for a look to see how bad it really is

long shot but may get away with a clean up and shell's like i just have on an old fiesta, not ideal of course but a saviour for time being ?

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
Anywhere you can store it until you have the funds/means to repair

You've just rebuilt a caddy so dropping a new ABF in should be a walk in the park!

+1! i know we can all have our 10p`s worth sam but at the end of the day you will do what you got to do. seems such a shame to let such a good car go to waste. if i had the dollar i would take it off your hands tommorow and get it sorted! but, as always the case, the Mrs and 3 kids come before me and my money pit.

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
well i had considered it as its about £40 for a set of shells, and an hour or two of cleaining up the journals and put back together,

but the thing that is worrying is the fact that the same thing has happend twice, would be better to swap crank ect but i really realy cant be doing with it any more, i havent the time or money to throw at it any more

im glad its gone tits up now tho and not after i sold the as i was selling the caddy to make way for throttle bodies and a full spray. thank fook i hadnt already of done it else i would of had no choice.

the machine shop are just blaming vw saying that there is a fault with the crank...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members