cruise control wanted?

nicktdi

Hi can someone please help i want cruise control for my ibiza mk4 tdi but i cant seem to find out if its possible or not?
Thanks in advance :help:

bizzaboy

It would be a conversion to the cruise stalk I can imagine.

Some more details here --> http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/cruise.htm

Thanks for further info Nathan. So they install an additional Cruise stalk!

Cant get much better though - the site states all Parts installed are original VAG items, AND for Diesel engined cars your only looking at £149+vat!! bargain. :)

Will seriously look into this in the near future! Cheers.

br1tt3n

does anyone know the price fitted at a main dealer, as Portsmouth is a million miles away from me!

i'll be looking to add it to the cupra tdi.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
None of the ones near me would do it. And Big Boys Toys wanted over £300 from memory. :-o

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
do it yer self lol. remove steering wheel+air bag. remove old indicator stalk, fit new indicator with c/c controls on it. oh and remove the whole dash to wire it in then you have to connect it to something, in the engine bay side. and enable it with VAG-COM

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dgace/cruise_control.htm have a wee look to see what is involved doing it to a golf.

i'd love to give it a go but i'm scared and once you start you have to finish.

Last edited:

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Use search function on this bit of the forum .. I did put a quick/techie write up on DIYing my 05Cupra Tdi over a year ago .. need new stalks, few wire crimps, a wire connectioning housing, VAGCOM, I got the wiring of the online manual site that you have to pay. Had I not broken my light switch and trim between windscreen/bonnet it would have been about £80 to do.. but it is not just a slam it in there job..

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
That's the point... I'd rather pay someone to do it and know that I have someone to complain to if it goes wrong instead of having to take it all apart myself and then sitting surrounded by a pile of bits which I can't get working. :rolleyes:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.