Can ACC be used as normal cruise control?

Oct 12, 2023
Hi

As the title says can the ACC work as a normal cruise control system?

I find it fairly annoying when the sensor is impaired during bad weather and I cannot use any cruise control. Also finding the car is slowing down and anticipating cars in other lanes which is annoying, has anyone else experienced this?

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
@RyanB Yes. I have. I have to look for it because it was very easy to code.

Edit.

13 ACC, long coding, Cruise Control mode to activate

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-04-20-11-14-062_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-04-20-11-14-062_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
That's great cheers! I'm assuming that's on OBDeleven?
Yes. I use obd11 for Leon. I don't remember exactly, but in ACC module 13 you must first enter Security Access and enter the code that will be displayed because ACC does not accept everything without a login. I think so because when I encoded the hitch trailer, it rejected the encoding.

Oct 12, 2023
Sorry am I misunderstanding ,you can turn off acc on the steering wheel and it acts like normal cruise control

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I could be being an idiot but it seems to just work as ACC or nothing when I use the steering wheel buttons. There's the travel assist button and ACC button

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Hi

I find it fairly annoying when the sensor is impaired during bad weather and I cannot use any cruise control. Also finding the car is slowing down and anticipating cars in other lanes which is annoying, has anyone else experienced this?
No, but can be made to do so if you get it recoded to do so as a third option to ACC and Speed Limiter.

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
@RyanB Could you take a screenshot of the steering wheel settings? no need to go to the car. Turn on OBD11 and on the left go to garage/your car/Control units/gateway/adaptations/ and search for wheel. there, take a screenshot of these three things. I'm waiting for my capacitive steering wheel to arrive. but I was digging around here some time ago and I don't know if I changed something. I want to have travel assist. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-04-10-25-52-039_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-04-10-25-52-039_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_2023-11-04-10-25-20-423_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-04-10-25-20-423_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_2023-11-04-10-25-35-034_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-04-10-25-35-034_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 104

Tell

Staff member
Hi

There is the other one where you can code out the undertaking prevention which might prove useful if it's picking up other movement in other lanes. That's on the pinned Obdeleven thread here.

Mar 11, 2024
Hello,
Is is possible that the normal cruise controle is selected by default when the car start? Now i must select it everytime, because adaptive cruise is selected by default.

@RyanB Could you take a screenshot of the steering wheel settings? no need to go to the car. Turn on OBD11 and on the left go to garage/your car/Control units/gateway/adaptations/ and search for wheel. there, take a screenshot of these three things. I'm waiting for my capacitive steering wheel to arrive. but I was digging around here some time ago and I don't know if I changed something. I want to have travel assist. Thanks.

Mar 18, 2024
Hello,
Is is possible that the normal cruise controle is selected by default when the car start? Now i must select it everytime, because adaptive cruise is selected by default.
Bump, however I’d like to use the speed limiter as my default rather than cruise control. Thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members