Cupra Formentor VZ3 - June '21 Reg. Invisible dashboard lights at night

nwithyman

Nov 7, 2021
Chelmsford, Essex, UK
Hello all

Straight away I should apologise for raising this matter once more but from the several posts around 2015 there seemed to be no solution to this problem so I'm wondering and hoping that SEAT, Cupra or anybody else has found one.

All the cars I have owned over the last 50 years plus have had a rheostat fitted that allowed the user to independently adjust the intensity of the dashboard backlights - until now! I've had my car for less than a week and the dimming of the dashboard lights at night to the point where I cannot read the speedometer, map directions or the speed limit read-out is driving me nuts. Not only that, it's downright dangerous - how are you supposed to adhere to the speed limit when you don't know how fast you are going???

This is a crazy situation and one that leads me to think that there might be a setting within the bowels of the complex computer system, one that I've missed, that will enable the dashboard light to stay on and visible at night. I have the lights on 'auto' setting, but that should be irrelevant.

I can imagine a huge Lawsuit in the States were an accident to arise as a direct result of this failure - the VW/Audi etc conglomerate should take due note of this and more immediately, the complaints made by their customers without whom they would be out of business.

So, bottom line - has a solution been found so that we can see our dashboards at night?

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
If you are talking about the actual screens (i.e the virtual cockpit and main infotainment) - there is DEFINITELY an option to adjust this as I've done this myself. I will look in the morning which sub-menu it is, but it is absolutely there as I know the screens can go very bright indeed.

Reactions: nwithyman

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Took some finding in the online manual:

On page 116 I found this

1637053623748.png

That direct you to a not so helpful page 86...

1637053722523.png

So I don't have a Fomentor, but going from my Leon Mk 3, I'd say you first need to go into Vehicle settings from the main menu.

So it looks like you then select interior on the left, and then if the instrument cluster is not immediately displayed, then Point C suggests swiping the screen left/right to view the additional options.

Hope it sorts it.

nwithyman

Nov 7, 2021
Chelmsford, Essex, UK
Took some finding in the online manual:

On page 116 I found this

View attachment 28366

That direct you to a not so helpful page 86...

View attachment 28367

So I don't have a Fomentor, but going from my Leon Mk 3, I'd say you first need to go into Vehicle settings from the main menu.

So it looks like you then select interior on the left, and then if the instrument cluster is not immediately displayed, then Point C suggests swiping the screen left/right to view the additional options.

Hope it sorts it.
Excellent work DamoH, thanks very much for your helpful comments and info! I'll give that a go today and report back. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Damo H
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.